+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to resolve this situation

How to resolve this situation

My GF checked my emails (very wrong of her) and discovered that I had gone out to eat at the house of a female friend of mine - a woman I went on a blind date with once and who I am not attracted to at all physically - but she's a genuinely nice person with nice values so someone |I would like to keep as a friend - she knows I have someone in my life because I told her - so my GF goes ballistic and accuses me of having sex with this woman. So, is my GF being paranoid or am I being stupid? Perhaps I should have told my GF but I knew she would not understand my friendship with this woman.

Your girlfriend is being paranoid AND you're being stupid. If you want her to understand your friendship with this woman, you have to include her. Otherwise, you're being a sneaky little weasel. If your friendship with this other woman has no room in it for your girlfriend, it's an inappropriate friendship for someone with your relationship status.

You're acting single. You're not single. Decide if you want to be.
    Spammer Spanker

Two wrongs don't make anyone right here. Lots of stink going on in your relationship. If this woman is a true friend of yours then why haven't you introduced your girlfriend to her? I have several wonderful male friends and I have met all their girlfriends. I am not hidden because I am not a threat, same goes for any of my guy friends meeting my bf. That being said, your girlfriend should not be reading your emails. Thats over-stepping boundaries.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Thanks for the replies. Can I clarify a little. I live in France, was working in the UK during the week so that's why I was dating in the UK. Now I'm in France fulltime so very little chance GF and my friend will meet. I didn't want to tell GF because I knew she would be paranoid - perhaps I should have but I don't think it's any of my business to tell her what friends to have and vice versa. GF is thinking I'm ****ing this woman yet if she's read my emails then she can read the email where I tell this woman that I'm in a relationship and therefore not available.

if you hid seeing a woman from her she's gona think that there was a shady reason that you didn't tell her. obviously she'll be paranoid and that was down to you.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkitkitty View Post
    if you hid seeing a woman from her she's gona think that there was a shady reason that you didn't tell her. obviously she'll be paranoid and that was down to you.
    Exactly. Even if it's perfectly harmless, lying about it or hiding it throws everything into doubt. It looks like you and your girlfriend are long distance right now, which makes everything a lot more difficult, especially trust. Long distance does not work if there's doubt present about the relationship, and you're guilty of creating that. If your friendship with this woman is so innocent, you shouldn't have to hide it.

I think you're in the wrong, here.
    Spammer Spanker

Not to be totally prejudice, but aren't most European men open about having affairs and multiple relationships? At least all of my european friends say so. :/

i'm half french and..... i don't think i've heard much about that
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkitkitty View Post
    i'm half french and..... i don't think i've heard much about that
    Okay good to know!

Also, if you decided that her feelings weren't important enough to you to tell her that you had dinner with someone who is just a friend, then you are not in the right frame of mind to be in a healthy relationship.
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3

Everyone that has posted is 100% correct. If you have nothing to hide, if every thing you did was completely innocent, then what was the honest reason you had to not tell her? It is her business to know if you're having dinner with another woman.

introduce ur frd to ur gf...things will get better...if she still doesn't believe that u two r just frds...so be it.