+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just want the Truth...

i think u should talk to him....tell him how u feel about it....if this cannot be resolved, just get another job, it would be better to earn the income for urself.

I agree with Indignant. I've been in this situation too and when my ex hubby was starting out of from scratch.

I really dont mind doing the odd jobs- that isn't anywhere close to being the problem! I just feel like he treats me so much worse than the rest of his staff and I am supposed to be his wife! Yes- he is trying to grow the company and so finances are tight but why give me the very bottom line- everyone else in the office has flat screen monitors and newer computers- my monitor and keyboard literaly have mold growing on them which I have been unable to clean off!

The point is that I really don't mind bad treatment if this is the best he can do- but it obviously isn't because the rest of the staff has been treated better! I also don't mind doing the not so great jobs- but I am not earning a penny and he gives me the jobs that his other staff tells him they don't want to do and have basically refused doing- hello- aren't they being payed to work??

I guess I am really just focusing on the very small problems! The truth is that we had a long distance relationship and now that we are married I have moved to another country to be with him! Our relationship is doing terrible and we are going to counseling now once a week I am all alone here with no friends or family and I now have come to realize that he is so devoted to his work that he has no time for a wife! I have been trying to get a different job but need a address and we are living in a guest house, I need a bank account but need an address and he hasnt been able to find the time to add me to his bank account. He just didn't plan anything for me to come to but he still expects everything from me!

Yes reading your post what you have just said in your last post makes sense because i started thinking...if you have a good relationship with your spouse shouldn't you be able to sort this out between the two of you? Surely a good marriage/relationship has good communication and caring towards each other and these things can be sorted out by talking and communicating well?
    Last edited by fi123; 26-08-10 at 06:30 PM.

I am not sure that communication is the problem! We were sitting with the counselor who drew 2 grids- one grid was his which was full of things- representing his life, friends, family, and the other grid was mine only it was empty because I left everything to move here and be with him! His response was "I know" and "I understand how she is feeling and what she is going through, but my work needs me". So the question I have is how do I handle being married to a work aholic?

I think he just wants you to become totally dependant on him.

I don't know how that would work if he fired you?

It's sketchy on so many levels.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12