+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did she do this?

Why did she do this?

This confuses me, a girl I know who has been through some major heartache and I have a lot in common with and text and chat with on Facebook (we have met in person twice) deleted a comment and she told me that people might mis-interpret it, I told her a story about a girl I had a big crush on many moons ago and that I gave her roses and she told me recently that she liked them, so I posted this on (let's call her J) on J's wall and she deleted it.

My questions are why? and what does it matter? the post said, she said the roses were really nice, now if I was talking about J then I would have said her name right?

Hi Kitty

She just sent me this, but oddly avoided my question of why does it matter?

Because my friends might think I gave you roses and some women told you the roses were nice and you put "xo" at the end too which could easily be misinterpreted :O) Now i'm you sure understand that

Who cares?...this offends me to be honest, I have been there for this girl numerous times and she gets all weird because someone might think she gave me roses, if that is the case, then why the hell are we friends on Facebook if she cares what her friends think?

I have removed her as a friend now, why should I to put up with that?, it's just rude if you ask me.

what?? gosh could you let it go thanks. It shouldn't concern you what-so-ever if i removed it and for the reason i have, seriously man it's not cool you going on about such a trivial matter. It matters to me ok. People speculate and I don't need that sh*t.Simple as that. I'm not having a romance with you so I don't want people/friends gossiping or speculating about something that doesn't exist, that's all.

Alright, this is what pisses me off, she says to me it's not cool you going on about such a trivial matter...and yet I get REALLY long messages from her, which I read and often think, you should really let that go...who is being unfair here?
    Last edited by doesntcompute; 13-08-10 at 11:25 AM.

Help please?

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    You posted something about "J" on an female friend's else facebook account, and your friend deleted it? just clarifying first. It sorta shorted out my brain.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Quote Originally Posted by nerdy_guy View Post
    You posted something about "J" on an female friend's else facebook account, and your friend deleted it? just clarifying first. It sorta shorted out my brain.
    No man, the post was on J's wall and she removed it, when it had nothing to do with her, but she was worried about what her friends might think.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Who cares?...this offends me to be honest, I have been there for this girl numerous times and she gets all weird because someone might think she gave me roses
    It's her facebook account. THAT is her right. She doesn't want people to get the wrong impression. Just because you've been there for her still doesn't give you the right to tell her what she or she can't do. Let's put it this way, if she saved your life, would that qualify as something that would give her enough right to make you her slave?

if that is the case, then why the hell are we friends on Facebook if she cares what her friends think?
    If someone trashtalked your friend, would YOU care? The point is, They're her friends, her friends matter to her. I'm sure you feel the same about your friends.

I have removed her as a friend now, why should I to put up with that?, it's just rude if you ask me.
    Its rude if you force yourself upon others then demand that they shouldn't care what her friends think.

Alright, this is what pisses me off, she says to me it's not cool you going on about such a trivial matter...and yet I get REALLY long messages from her, which I read and often think, you should really let that go...who is being unfair here?
    Trivial matters are all about tolerance. What is trivial to you, may not be trivial to her.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Thanks for your reply nerdy_boy, I don't agree with everything you say, but I do appreciate your input, I am over this and I don't care anymore, I just spoke to one of her exes (he asked me what was up between her and I) and he told me that she is an attention seeker, was a really bad flirt when they were together (especially when she drank) and wants guys to know that she is single and that is why she removed the post, it's not the friends that she cares about, it's the dudes.

Lesson learned.

Peace

Blame it on a lack of sleep, being hurt in the past way to much and other factors, but I was an insensitive jerk and I am really glad that I woke up to myself and told her this, with all she has been through, she doesn't need this petty bulls--t and she is one of the good ones.

I hope she forgives me.

OP, this thread really confused me. No offense.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Okay, OP...do you two even live in the same city? You've met twice in person. How long between those meetings?

You've deleted her, and I bet that it is fine with her. She deleted your post because she is not attracted to you and doesn't think of you as boyfriend material. That's probably also why she confided in you for the rough times as well. Sorry to say that, but it is true. Women normally don't confide in men they don't know well who they are attracted to. They confide in their girlfriends. That's who they tell their problems to.

You're pissed because you liked this girl and she deleted your post. It wasn't about her. Why did you post it in the first place? Why post it on her Wall?

Case in point...I posted a comment about watching and liking a certain movie my sister recommended because she had met a guy that was an actor in said film. I posted it on her wall. She deleted my post because she didn't want Mr. Actor Guy seeing the post and thinking she was stalking him. I took no offense.

There was a reason she deleted it and that is because she doesn't want to date you. That is why it upset you.

Quote Originally Posted by cancankant View Post
    Okay, OP...do you two even live in the same city? You've met twice in person. How long between those meetings?

You've deleted her, and I bet that it is fine with her. She deleted your post because she is not attracted to you and doesn't think of you as boyfriend material. That's probably also why she confided in you for the rough times as well. Sorry to say that, but it is true. Women normally don't confide in men they don't know well who they are attracted to. They confide in their girlfriends. That's who they tell their problems to.

You're pissed because you liked this girl and she deleted your post. It wasn't about her. Why did you post it in the first place? Why post it on her Wall?

There was a reason she deleted it and that is because she doesn't want to date you. That is why it upset you.
    You are COMPLETELY wrong and I would not recommend you become a therapist lol ...

Because she asked me what story?

You must have missed this.

Blame it on a lack of sleep, being hurt in the past way too much and other factors, but I was an insensitive jerk and I am really glad that I woke up to myself and told her this, with all she has been through, she doesn't need this petty bulls--t and she is one of the good ones.
    We are all good and I just spent a weekend away in another city, which was fantastic, yep we both live in the same city and she deleted the post because she didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea and that is fine, platonic friends can be really good to be honest and this girl as lovely as she is has way too much baggage to deal with and she was the one that first sent me texts asking to meet up for drinks, but who cares who did or said what?

I have other things to focus on.

Peace
    Last edited by doesntcompute; 16-08-10 at 04:02 PM.

Lol, why is she sending me texts at 2 am in the morning and asking me to add her back on Facebook if I like?