+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Odd One Out

Odd One Out

Hello Everyone!! So ill start of by saying I am 22 and never had a real relationship. I have dated but am utterly clueless to when I actually have a shot with girls (haven't even kissed one since 6th grade). Ive even had girls bring me home after dates to watch a movie snuggle up next to me and I actually watch the movie lol. Usually I am a pretty happy guy just enjoying life, but lately being single has really gotten me down. Not one of my friends is single anymore and I feel like a third or fifth,or even ninth wheel everywhere I go. Just wondering if this is normal for someone my age to have never had a real relationship? And how do you all deal with being the odd one out all the time?

Yes i think you're normal, just shy and little unsure of yourself maybe. Don't despair, you're only 22 and a relationship will surface probably when you least expect. If you go on a date and a girl snuggles up to you after and you are interested in her, take this as a sign she may be interested. Otherwise she may think you're not interested. If you go to kiss her and she pulls back and says "get off" take this as a sign she's not interested....You have to start somewhere just go for it.
    Last edited by fi123; 23-08-10 at 05:47 AM.

I've been the 3rd wheel many times, but only because I hadn't met anyone worth dating. If you don't want a relationship, then don't have one. You shouldn't feel pressured to be in one just because all of your friends are.
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3

fi123 I definatly try to stay positive I just feel like im a little behind in the dating game. Its just hard to know whether making that move to kiss her is the right one, which does make me unsure lol

lovefoo87 Its hard not to feel that pressure with all of them being in relationships for years now and ive never even had a gf. I get what ur saying but its easier said than done lol

You'll never know for certain if it is the right move, you just gotta assume that it is. Like they say, fortune favors the bold. If it really makes you unsure, go in 80% of the way. If she wants a kiss, she'll come the other 20%. If her head never even shifts, just transition smoothly into a hug. Sure, you both know she rejected the kiss, but it saves the embarrassment of an open rejection.

Wait till they start getting married and you'll love being the third wheel. The singles table is the only thing (besides an open bar) that makes weddings worth attending

rain.man Totally true and its hard to be mad or sad when I know I havent really taken advantage of the opportunities ive been given. Haha ya im actually gonna be in three weddings in the next year hopefully the singles table is as fun as you say.