+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Old friends dilemma

Old friends dilemma

I have a little dilemma... This is the story:

Guy (A) and girl go to school together since they are 2 year olds, and they have been friends ever since, not really close friends, but friends after all. After highschool (18yo) there's 3 years when they haven't seen each other or talked at all. Then, a common friend (B) calls girl so him (B) and the other guy (A) go out with the girl and her friends a few days in another town. All is relatively normal up until this moment, everyone is just friends.

During those days they go out together every day, mostly the whole group at the same time (about 9 girls and the 2 guys). They also have a few moments when 3 of the girls (the main girl included) go with the guys for walks and such. In one of those walks, guy A and girl are alone for a few minutes (the only time they've been alone in their whole life) and she asks him about his (inexistent) girlfriend. The last night they go out (with all the girls), the girl brings up that she and another 3 of the girls are single, even though the ongoing topic wasn't related with that at all and it's kept in between the guys, B guy's girlfriend (who was there for a visit), the girl and another one of the girls. The next day the guys leave the town, and the girls are leaving a few days later.

About a couple of days after leaving, guy A realizes that he's been thinking way too much about the girl, and he is thinking some extremely foolish stuff... so it seems he has a little crush on her.
    So, I think it's kinda wrong or weird for the guy to act on this, but a couple of people say it's not wrong... Is it?

Besides, if the guy decided to call the girl, it would be pretty weird considering he has never called her before to hang out. Also, that week is a special week in the city where guy A and the girl live, and there's like festivities, and the guy knows the girl had plans to go out every day that week, so calling that same week and maybe break her plans doesn't seem right.

What do you think about this?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The way you worded it makes it sound more complicated than it really is.....
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I assume you are talking about yourself ?

Dont over-analyse things. At your age, if you like someone just ask her out. See where it goes.

U gotta lose your virginity someday, you know ?

Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    I assume you are talking about yourself ?

Dont over-analyse things. At your age, if you like someone just ask her out. See where it goes.

U gotta lose your virginity someday, you know ?
    Ummm.. yes... I was trying to be anonimacy for some reason...

And I called her, and she told me she'll call me back someday... so all I can do is done.

If you want her, pursue her - sometimes it pays off ya know.

Brutally murder every male involved for having your same level of self-confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by hurt_confuzd View Post
    Brutally murder every male involved for having your same level of self-confidence.
    LOL that actually is a good advice. I'm not sure it's only males' fault though.

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    so all I can do is done.
    no. u have to be a little more thick-skinned and persistent than that !

do you know what her interests/hobbies are ? if not, find out.

send her emails, sms, call. try to draw her out with something that will interest her.

call do some more group outings so u have more opportunities.

like xx says, you gotta PURSUE !

Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    no. u have to be a little more thick-skinned and persistent than that !

do you know what her interests/hobbies are ? if not, find out.

send her emails, sms, call. try to draw her out with something that will interest her.

call do some more group outings so u have more opportunities.

like xx says, you gotta PURSUE !
    I've been going out with her in a group for a week, that ought to be enough.. and it's more complicated than that, because she isn't here yet, and when she comes back she has plans for this week, I don't think being persistent is a good idea when she already has plans and she knows I know it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I've been going out with her in a group for a week, that ought to be enough.. and it's more complicated than that, because she isn't here yet, and when she comes back she has plans for this week, I don't think being persistent is a good idea when she already has plans and she knows I know it.
    yes, u r right not to pester her to go out.

but u can continue to engage her in conversation thru various means.
    do a couple of little thoughtful things to show your interest