+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A Coward...?

A Coward...?

I had the chance to have sex with the girl of my dreams, but I couldn't do it.
    She said it felt like the right time for it, but I couldn't bring myself to do more than just make out with her and kiss her on the neck.
    I had to stop and tell her I didn't feel ready for it. I don't know what to do.

She just left, a bit confused. As for me, I feel like a total idiot for not going for it. I know any other guy would've if they were in my position, but why couldn't I do it? All I kept thinking in my head was that it didn't feel like the right moment for it. I don't know anymore, could someone help me out??

Quote Originally Posted by Sasurai View Post
    She said it felt like the right time for it, but I couldn't bring myself to do more than just make out with her and kiss her on the neck.

She just left, a bit confused. As for me, I feel like a total idiot for not going for it. I know any other guy would've if they were in my position, but why couldn't I do it? All I kept thinking in my head was that it didn't feel like the right moment for it. I don't know anymore, could someone help me out??
    Stop beating yourself up! You're not an idiot. It didn't feel right and you didn't want to do it. There is nothing wrong with that. Imagine how you would feel if you just did it when you knew you weren't really ready. You would probably feel worse then you do right now. Have you spoken to the girl since it happened? You should explain to her how you are feeling. That you didn't feel it was the right moment to have sex. She should be understanding and appreciate the fact you want to wait for a more appropriate moment. If she doesn't understand where you are coming from, then she's not worth your time.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    u a virgin?

I agree with ShannonMI. If it didnt feel right, you did the right thing.

@Shannon 0 thank you. I just felt so stupid since I've been waiting for so long. I never dreamed it would actually happen.
    She got a little hurt since she thought I didn't want her... I'll tell her that how I feel; hopefully she understands.

@girl68 - no, I'm not. It doesn't make sense. I've had no problems with my girlfriends. It was a lot easier, but with her, I just... I don't know. I guess I want to take it slow?

@Shannon 0 thank you. I just felt so stupid since I've been waiting for so long. I never dreamed it would actually happen.
    She got a little hurt since she thought I didn't want her... I'll tell her that how I feel; hopefully she understands.

@girl68 - no, I'm not. It doesn't make sense. I've had no problems with my girlfriends. It was a lot easier, but with her, I just... I don't know. I guess I want to take it slow?

You know most men want to just jump right into the sex. Most guys don't want to "take it slow." It's usually the girls that want to slow things down because they don't want to get hurt. Sex is a big step in a relationship. At least it is for some people. Some people can have one night stands and casual sex. It sounds like you aren't that type of guy and that is awesome! Your girl should appreciate this. Tell her you want her, you just don't want to rush things. Most decent girls would respect that.

I don't think you're an idiot at all. The fact that she's the girl of your dreams is perhaps more significant. You didn't want to sully what should have been a seminal moment in your life by simply plunging in (so to speak) simply for the sake of it. If anything it makes perfect sense.

I f**ked things up with the proverbial girl of my dreams just over a year ago. It's amongst the worst feelings imaginable. Some girls just get inside your head and matter much more to you than others. Perhaps this girl respects you more. Does she know how strongly you feel about her?

hey, don't leave this life with regrets.
    I had the same chance as you and acted just the way you have, and I still regret it. As in, every time i think about that particular situation, i start thinking "you stupid ****, you haven't learnt anything". A one night stand gan get pretty emotional if the person is right.
    And if it wasn't just an attempted one night stand, then you will probably have other occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by kalen View Post
    hey, don't leave this life with regrets.
    I had the same chance as you and acted just the way you have, and I still regret it. As in, every time i think about that particular situation, i start thinking "you stupid ****, you haven't learnt anything". A one night stand gan get pretty emotional if the person is right.
    And if it wasn't just an attempted one night stand, then you will probably have other occasions.
    He still needs to be ready. He shouldn't regret his decision not to have sex with her. If she's a decent girl, she will be more then understanding of his need for the "right moment." Taking it slow is a good thing. Most girls would appreciate this.