+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Almost have ex back...

Almost have ex back...

My ex and I broke up about a month ago, due to suspicion that I was cheating (I wasn't). For the first two weeks after the breakup, she told me she hated me and never wanted to speak with me again. Then I wrote her a letter and we got to talking. The anger on her part had subsided and she realized that things we're exactly as she originally had seen them when she thought I was cheating. Anyway since then we've slowly been talking more and more and opening back up. At this point the communication is from morning until night, texting back and forth all day, and sometimes a phone call in the morning or before bed. We also hung out the past three days in a row. When we hung out she was flirty and giving me hugs and all that. She even tells me she misses me and loves me but just wants to go slow with things. So we're on the road to patching things up.

Anyway...I really want to do something nice/special for her, so I figured I'd ask the ladies on here for some ideas. I don't want to do anything typical like give her flowers or something, but I'm having trouble coming up with something else. Any help?

Maybe just a very small piece of jewellery that is not expensive, otherwise it might look a bit desperate. Maybe a little pretty ring you could say you just saw it in a shop and you thought it would look pretty on her. It doesn't matter if it's the wrong size, well i wouldn't mind if it's the wrong size! i would more appreciate the sentiment that my bf was conveying.

(This makes me think of my grandad - he used to tell my grandmother that she didn't need to wear any jewellery or make up for him if she didn't want, that she was more beautiful than anything she could adorn herself with - they were smitten with each other for 53 years and died just weeks apart).

But make sure if it's a ring it looks absolutely NOTHING like an engagement ring!!!

Take her out then hotel, then hot passionate love till the break of dawn!

EDIT delete this post EDIT
    Last edited by WaiKru; 30-08-10 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxx View Post
    Take her out then hotel, then hot passionate love till the break of dawn!
    Only a guy would think this would impress a girl...

I'm curious, why did she suspect you were cheating?

I'm also curious why she thought you were cheating. Was there a reason she should have been suspicious?

As for your question, I wouldn't go for the jewelry, but I do think Liam's advice of giving her a call to tell her you're thinking of her, or that you love her, is always really appreciated.

If you want to do something special for her outside of this, perhaps look into doing something that she has always wanted to do, ie taking a cooking class, a mosaic course, go hiking, horseback riding etc., but something that the two of you can do together and share an experience.

Have fun!

To quote Indi, stuff like this rarely happens in a vacuum. So, either your ex is completely paranoid and needs help of some kind, or your behavior was less than acceptable and you helped this relationship crash. I'm also curious as to how you handled her suspicions.

i don't think you should buy anything, it may somehow turn into a 'are you trying to buy me back?!' you never know and the situation IS still fragile. reciprocate her feelings, she's hugging and flirting 'cos she wants you to do the same, end of.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.