+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I wasting my time?

Am I wasting my time?

So I'm trying to understand if I am wasting my time.

Basically met this girl 2 weeks ago via a facebook dating app. We've talked almost everyday for the past 2 weeks on msn. We also met IRL twice. The first time I invited her to hang out at a bar with me and my friend. The second time she invited me and my friend to meet her and her friend at a bar.

we often flirt in our online conversations/text msgs, but IRL its totally different.

What I find very odd is that when we talk, she never looks at me, she stares off to the sides or looks at someone else. She looks at the others when she talks to them but not me. Also the conversations aren't as flirty as they are online/texts. She doesn't come off as a shy person though so I'm left thinking she doesn't like me.

Am I wasting my time?

she probably saw in real life and you were a lot different to what she expected? not to be mean. and we're always braver when we talk through msn, email/ txt because we don't have to worry about it going any further and you can imagine exaclty what you want.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Try asking her out for a real date one on one and see what happens. Shyness doesn't have to be an across the board trait. Maybe she is only shy with people that she really likes. I know I feel much more comfortable talking to people I have no interest in than someone I may be crushing on. If you go on a date and she still does it, just ask her why. She's probably just nervous with you if she likes you.

I do agree with Kit, it could be she isn't in to you. But you'll find that out quick if you ask her on a real date.
    Last edited by Riku; 01-09-10 at 10:00 PM.

If you have met twice already, there must be at least something there, otherwise why would she bother?

I agree with Riku, ask her on a date with just the two of you and see what happens. Maybe she really is just shy and doesnt know how to behave, chatting on msn and sending flirty texts is way easier than trying to build that into a normal conversation face to face. Apart from that, how flirty would she want to be with her and your friend sitting there?

However, if you think she acts indifferently, then I'd just ask her what she is looking for from you. Good luck!

Last night she seemed more into my friend then me. Well seemed alot more comfortable with him then me. Which sucks cause, I mean hes my friend and all, but isn't the most attractive guy, Beer belly/Acne. Anyways, I'm gonna take your advice and ask her out One on One. We shall see.

Good luck bro!

Yes you are. First off you met her online and you can't rely on the internet to give you love as I said before, maybe you weren't what she was expecting, maybe she's judgemental.
    You haven't met her IRL when you first saw her so you had no chance to 'connect' instead you connected via internet which is not a connection at all. Get out a bit more maybe you'll
    meet a girl who is probably adventurous and not socially weak

Real life interaction trumps online relationship every time. At least for those are socially capable. It's really easy to fake interest over the internet. No eye contact required, no genuine smiles. Just "LOL", a few smilies here and there, and you got yourself a whole conversation. Plus, you can multi-task online. So, even if your conversation bored the hell out of her, she could play a game or talk to other friends. There is no way of knowing if someone is genuine online.