+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love again?

In love again?

Hi there, I need some help!

I don't quite now what to do. I have this ex-boyfriend. We were together for 5 months. Then I broke up with him, 'cause I didn't love him anymore. Two months passed in which we totally ignored each other, holidays began and we came back together for like 6 weeks (not anything official) from which we were 4 weeks on holiday (seperate). Then I ditched him again.
    Now, after 3 weeks school we are very very good friends and we share everything. I like him very much. And everything is like, before we got together.
    But now I sometimes get the feeling that I want to hug or kiss him. It's pretty complicated and I have no clue what to do. Sometimes I have the feeling he feels just the way like I do, 'cause he can look at me like I'm the only one in the world he wants.

What should I do?

I understand. I broke up with my girlfriend before and there's this moment where you look at each other and just wanna kiss him. I totally get it. What I don't get is, what's the problem? I mean, if you like him that much then go back with him. Not too hastily of course. I mean, if you REALLY like him again, then sure. But think carefully. I wouldn't want you to be together with this guy and dump him again. It's just... not good.

wanting to kiss an ex, especially if you've only recently broken up with them can often just be out of habit so you've gotta be careful as to how you go about this. the fact that you broke up cos YOU decided to, spent more time together and then 'ditched' him again makes me think that you shouldn't get back together for a 3rd time... i mean it's not like you've been together for even a year. i think you should back off or you'll see a vicious and quite unpleasant circle appear and in the end you'll both resent each other. so yeah, i don't think it's an amazing idea to go back there.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

This is what I think. You spend time away from him and your mind starts to lose that 'wonderful' feeling. When you are around him and spend time with him that 'wonderful' feeling comes back. That 'wonderful' feeling is how much he likes you, and it makes you feel...well...wonderful. I think if you look deep inside yourself you will find that you don't really like him nearly as much as he likes you, but you let his affection for you overwhelm you and sweep you away into a dreamland of delight. Its that old saying, "you don't love him, you love the way he loves you". And trust me he does, the proof is in that he keeps coming back for more.

On behalf of all the guys out there that have been in this position (me included), spare his heart and don't be in a rush to get back with him unless your 1000% positive that you really feel the same about him.
    There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche