+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So, what if the breakup is not that ugly?

So, what if the breakup is not that ugly?

We broke up because she and I were completely diferent people. She was very passive, and not itelectually chalenging enough for me. She never did anything for me, although i renovated her place and done a milion other things for her. Her defense mechanisms included passive-aggresive behavior and very evil words. As you have already figured out I'm a pretty sensitive guy and my heart is feeling like i've walked out on true love. But my brains are telling me that i can find it again. Just wanna hear some different opinions i guess

Also when men read this: She was a knock-out, not only in bed but she also looked stunning... We had sex and love, and not a thing more.

Hi, Tom. I'll give you my best advice! This is a tough situation. All I can say is that no one is a one-stop-shop. It is unlikely you will be able to find anything everything you want in one person. If you are very very lucky, and very easily satisfied you will be able to find close to everything you want in a person. Can you at least have fun in conversation with her? Intellectually stimulating people can be found all over. Though she can't meet all of your needs in that department, you may be able to find that need through friends (heck that's what they're for!), and not need it from her. Is that something that you must have from a partner? Prioritize your needs for a partner. Does she meet those highest on your list or those lower on your list?

Argument and defense tactics very from person to person. You may find someone who is not passive aggressive, but they may be a scream-a-holic. No matter who you are with, I believe the preventative method is best, prevent situations from getting out of hand, eliminate the need for defense tactics before your partner has the chance to go on the defensive. That is one method that I've learned after realizing that everyone fights and argues, even though some handle it differently, we all still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreBeautiful View Post
    Hi, Tom. I'll give you my best advice! This is a tough situation. All I can say is that no one is a one-stop-shop. It is unlikely you will be able to find anything everything you want in one person. If you are very very lucky, and very easily satisfied you will be able to find close to everything you want in a person. Can you at least have fun in conversation with her? Intellectually stimulating people can be found all over. Though she can't meet all of your needs in that department, you may be able to find that need through friends (heck that's what they're for!), and not need it from her. Is that something that you must have from a partner? Prioritize your needs for a partner. Does she meet those highest on your list or those lower on your list?
    Well to be quite straight forward, she does meet sex and mushy talk. Still missing on the top of my list: deep love, intelect, initiative, common sense. Once i settle down(i'm only 23) i will want to have kids... So i need those first 3 "wishes", otherwise I suspect i wil run into a shitload of additional trouble when married to a "bigger-than-i-would-like-compromise".

Well i gave her a year of my life. Sure i can have fun with her. But when we go about a project together it's mostly me who does the organizing, preparations etc etc...

And for a guy, i'm not easily satisfied. I am demanding in bed and emotionally. I am also always ful of energy and life. even now when i'm hearbroken i have time to play(and win) basketball tournaments in my hometown.

One more thing. She's the only girl that made me cry. I cried like a baby, and it was because I knew I will have to break it off. Before that i only cried when i was a child(i remember the last time about 12 years ago).
    I don't know if it's normal to cry if you are a man. I never liked it. I got really good at acting tough all the time until i had to leave her

"We broke up because she and I were completely diferent people."

Couples should be compatible, you two were not ... so it was a good decision.