+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm hurt

I'm hurt

I just turned 18 less than a month ago... So it's probably not such a huge deal.
    But i'm hurt beyond belief. I've been to prom with this girl, my 18th birthday, we did everything together, there's stuff all in my house that reminds me of her. We loved each other... so much. I think we still do, it has only been a day since the breakup but... i'm in so much pain.
    I don't know what I should do.
    We broke up because I was really upset about something she told me. Now that i look back, i'm not even sure if that was the right move. I need advice.
    She said that she thinks a lot about being with other people "even though I only want to be with you".
    I have no idea how that's even a true statement if it contradicts itself. And one of them was her ex that she said that she had nothing to do with. Which was a lie because she would talk to him at school (shes a senior in high school) while im at college and I found that out through one of my friends. But i don't know if im being over speculative??

What should I do?

I can understand her statement. People can be married for years and never cheat, but still wonder what it's like to be with other people. She's young and I'm sure she's curious. I don't know how many guys she's been with, but if it's only like one or two, she's going to wonder if every guy is the same.

Well it's only been a day . . . if you want to follow through with the breakup then keep on distancing yourself and limiting communication.

Have a break dude.. Have some vacation in other places and meet other people.. who knows you can find another person to fall in love again..

I've been in the shoes of breakup and walked that mile. My girlfriend of a year and a half broke up with me. We meet in high school and started dating senior year. We broke up almost two years ago and it still hurts. She broke up with me over the phone at midnight. The statement she made can actually be a true statement. At one point in time everyone will find that they have thoughts of being with someone other than who their with, it's natural. Yes she may say she thinks about being with other people but that does not mean she didn't want to be with you. I agree she did lie a little about having nothing to do with her EX, but talking with her EX is not really something you should have to worry about. I think in that case you were being over speculative. The best thing to do is to talk to her, tell her how you feel. Communication is essential to a relationship, if that falters the relationship will die. Just explain to her that you're sorry and you still love her, she may not come back right away but if you two are truly in love in will all come together. Love only knows and time can only tell. Just try to keep your chin up, and remember no matter what your age the loss of love still hurts. Love is love, and if it's true it will always find it's way back to you.