+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I give her another chance?

Should I give her another chance?

To make a very long story short, me and this girl have been having problems for weeks. I've tried to solve it but every time she ignored me, and it wasn't until I talked to a close friend of hers that she had a change of heart and sent this message to me today:

this is me starting new.
    I apologize for any harm I've caused you.
    We're just a couple of misunderstanding people.

A part of me wants to give her another chance, but the other part of me feels that if I do and she rejects me I'll just end up hurting, again.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA09 View Post
    To make a very long story short, me and this girl have been having problems for weeks. I've tried to solve it but every time she ignored me, and it wasn't until I talked to a close friend of hers that she had a change of heart and sent this message to me today:

this is me starting new.
    I apologize for any harm I've caused you.
    We're just a couple of misunderstanding people.

A part of me wants to give her another chance, but the other part of me feels that if I do and she rejects me I'll just end up hurting, again.
    I really don't think she did anything wrong. It sounds like she was in the process of evaluating the situation, and you felt she was ignoring you. I would rather have someone do this to me than make a rash decision without any thought and end up hurting me later. If it took her a while to come to this decision, there is probably some good thought behind it.

you know give her ONE chance. . .if it doesn't work out then move on

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    I really don't think she did anything wrong. It sounds like she was in the process of evaluating the situation, and you felt she was ignoring you. I would rather have someone do this to me than make a rash decision without any thought and end up hurting me later. If it took her a while to come to this decision, there is probably some good thought behind it.
    I didn't think of it like that. That sounds reasonable. It sounds to me like she wants to start over and forget any of this ever happened. I'll probably ask her to do something either Friday or Saturday. If she isn't available, then I'll tell her to let me when she wants to do something and then I'll wait for her to do so. If she doesn't, then oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Agape View Post
    you know give her ONE chance. . .if it doesn't work out then move on
    yes! I agree with you..

I didn't think of it like that. That sounds reasonable. It sounds to me like she wants to start over and forget any of this ever happened. I'll probably ask her to do something either Friday or Saturday. If she isn't available, then I'll tell her to let me when she wants to do something and then I'll wait for her to do so. If she doesn't, then oh well.
    Well I hope it works out.

We made plans to watch Jackass 3D this Saturday. All I can do now until this is hope she doesn't cancel on me. She kinda excited when we made the plans, though you can't really tell on Facebook.

Leave her alone, if she is too much drama just move on and be happy. You shouldn't wait around to get hurt again.

Ok, things didn't go quite as planned last Saturday. She message me about 3 hours before we were supposed to go and asked if we could just go to the mall instead because she was tired and she wanted to bring her (girl) friend. I said that was fine, because I didn't want to argue with her and I wanted to hang out. So, the three of us were at the mall for about 3-4 hours and had an okay time. It was mostly them two talking while I was being quiet; she (the girl I'm after) said that I needed to talk more. She brought lunch for us as I had deliberately left my wallet at home -- I wasn't about to buy anything for either of them. When she took me home I told her to let me know something on Friday so we can see the movie, she said okay. She wasn't on Facebook at all this week and she had no way of letting me know anything. I sent her a message Friday night:

Me: October 23 at 1:40am
    Hey let's go see that movie on Saturday night, be here around 6 so we can go to the mall. I won't forget my wallet this time and I will give you gas money. When you get this message let me know so I can get ready.

Her: October 23 at 5:29pm
    I just got my internet back yo.

Me: October 23 at 5:31pm
    That's cool yo haha. So, we're doing this tonight ok. Be here at 6:30?

Her: October 23 at 5:34pm
    I really can't man. I'm sorry I have had no way of letting you know anything. like seriously I can't. Just trust me. I can't tell you why because its personal. but MOST definitely this weekend.

Me: October 23 at 5:38pm
    It's cool, I trust you completely. Friday night then?

Her: October 23 at 5:39pm
    Yeah mannn! Thanks for understanding!

Me: October 23 at 5:40pm
    Yeah, of course. Be here at 7:30; if your friends ask, just tell them you're busy, alright?
    So, what do you want to see; Jackass, Paranormal Activity 2, or Saw 3D?

Her: October 23 at 5:42pm
    Saw 3D for sureeee or jackass

Me: October 23 at 5:44pm
    haha yeah, they both look amazing. We need to come up with a scheme to watch them both haha. I'll check out the time schedules and all that. You don't like Paranormal Activity?

And the conversation ended there. I haven't messaged her today, she hasn't messaged me. But I want her to know how I feel about her. I do want to date her but I'm not sure what the best course of action I should take to let her know that. I'm definitely going to flirt when we go out and tell her to let me know when she wants to go out again, but how do I let her know I want to date? Should I just tell her how I feel, go for a kiss, or what?

Does anybody have any tips?

Does anybody have any tips?
    Well do you want to continue on and have her keep flaking on your or not? . . . I'd say move on.

In your original post you talked about "another chance", well, that was it.
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions