+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl Trouble!

Girl Trouble!

Met a sweet girl who was waitressing in a restaurant about a month ago. She kept coming over to the table and talking a lot, plus she gave me her name so i could find her on Facebook.

Anyway, there wasn't much contact over a month until about 2 weeks ago where, we spoke, and conversation ended up with her leaving home and coming up to university to meet me. We had a meal out, and then strolled together along a bay, arms around each other. She said that she wanted to meet again, so we arranged for a date for a Sunday.

But then she got called into work, and so we split the date between morning and afternoon. in the morning we got a coffee together and talked for over two hours, and i dropped her off at work. We met afterwards, and what i had intended to be a meal together ended up with me with her at a friends house (boy aged 15) for the evening. Did not get the chance to kiss her goodbye as her mum turned up at the house

Anyways, I arranged to meet her last Saturday morning, but she had to cancel due to work, and then did not respond to my text when i asked if she wanted to meet me after work. I broke the silence Monday night, after she didn't initiate a conversation on Skype. and she was pretty cagey, so i asked how she was and she said that "i'm really busy at the moment, i've got family problems which are taking up a lot of head space." Now this can mean that she's gone off me and doesn't want to talk to me, or she genuinely has family problems and doesn't want to talk to anyone. What should i do? Reassure her? Ask to meet her sometime soon? Im not sure i want to move on because that first night was so special that i honestly thought we had hit it off and i'm racking my brains over what to do. Can anybody help???

Sounds like she needs to get things sorted out at her end. So give her the space she needs and be patient

Guess theres a time to be patient, now seems like it since she was saying how preoccupied she is. How long do you recon i should leave her before i try and ask her out?

Maybe she will ask you out when she's ready?

She sounded pretty into you, so maybe she will contact you?

Yeah, drop off the face of the earth on her and see what happens and see if she comes after you. Don't hold your breathe though, start pursuing other women.

Okidoke i shall try that. But inevitably i will bump into her as family like to go to that restaurant often! Does doing nothing actually ever work??

Well you've trying contacting her . . . and it hasn't worked.

don't wait around, you've only known her for a few weeks . . . only do something if she contacts you
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

Maybe it's family problems. If it is, be willing to be there for her, but don't crowd. She already said she doesn't have time for you.

Could be a brush off, so don't wait too long for her though. Surely there's enough at uni for you to keep occupied.

-PP

I don't think it would be a bad idea to send a quick email saying only, "Hey, I know you've got a lot of things going on right now, but if you ever want to take a break from it all and go do something fun/relaxing or just talk, let me know." Then leave it up to her to contact you.

If I were having a lot of problems and a crazy home life, I'd find an email like that really sweet.

Yeah ill send that.. no harm in trying! What would family problems constitute as if her mums single, she doesn't like her, and only sees her dad on occasion??
    Last edited by mattbrad5000; 27-10-10 at 05:12 PM.

Keep meeting other girls. The less options you have, the more desperate you become which can blow your chances with this girl

i think all the advice given so far is good. she told you she has a lot of stuff on her mind and doesn't have time...so let it be. if she is being honest, she'll contact you when she's ready. if she isn't, well she just won't contact you at all. if you want to leave a good impression, do what MerryH said...but leave it at that. don't continue pursuing because it will make you look clingy. if you go to the restaurant with family just act natural.
    the love you take is equal to the love you make