+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can't keep a guy interested. What am I doing wrong? Help!

Can't keep a guy interested. What am I doing wrong? Help!

My sister introduced me to a Cuban guy she met on Myspace. He was my age (19). My sister who is 20-- was interested in him util she met a Chinese guy she liked and wanted to pursue. So, she knowing I was single told me that I should talk to him because he was wanting a relationship and he was nice. She only wanted me to talk to him and get involved with him so he would get off her bac (he was caling/texting all the time).

I agreed and as soon as we started talking on the phone-- I was like “I'll date you” (because I had the impression that he was desperate and lonely, because of my sister). He was like “okay” (to me saying I'd date him). So, we were dating via phone until I could get the money to visit him (I didn't have a job) in person in another state. He asked me on our first phone call if I wanted to come down and visit him that week. I said I definitely wanted to see him that week and that I'd be there in a week.

However, it never happened (me visiting him in person that week) and he got kind of upset. I told him I'd have to get a job first before seeing him in person and he seemed to accept it.

Shortly after telling him I wouldn't be able to see him in person for a while he stopped calling and texting as much as he did before I told him I wouldn't be able to see him that week.

He got really smart when I called him 8 times in a row when he didn't answer his phone. He said he was sleeping (because he works all night) and that I shouldn't go crazy and that conversation only lasted for less than a minute. He stopped calling/texting less and less with the phone conversations only lasting for about 3 minutes. He always told me he was busy-- but when I texted him randomly I asked him what he was doing he said he was at home watching a movie. I was so upset because he didn't want to talk to me. I finally had enough when hedidn't call when he'd say he would-- I ended the relationship as soon as he texted me again.
    I feel not worthy and unlovable.

I guess you should put out more...

(Also, calling someone 8 times in a row without an emergency will generally put most of the male population off)

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You have no game.

Exhibit A

Quote Originally Posted by starlet2010 View Post
    My sister introduced me to a Cuban guy she met on Myspace.
    Exhibit B

I agreed and as soon as we started talking on the phone-- I was like I'll date you.
    Exhibit C

So, we were dating via phone
    Exhibit D

He got really smart when I called him 8 times in a row when he didn't answer his phone.
    Exhibit E

He always told me he was busy-- but when I texted him randomly I asked him what he was doing
    A - don't meet guys on myspace

B - don't tell guys "I'll date you". Send sulbte messages of interest and wait for him to ask you out.

C - don't date via phone.

D - In the early stages, you shouldn't be calling a guy at all. If you absolutely must, NEVER, EVER make a follow up call until he calls back. Eight times in a row is dating suicide. Get ahold of yourself woman.

E - If a guy tells you they're busy it means he's going stale on you. If you then write him text messages asking him what he's doing, it's going to push the button.

Look the rules for girls are much, much easier than for guys. Pretty much all of them come back to the same basic principle: don't give too much away too early.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

What do you mean you "ended the relationship"? Doesn't really sound like you had anything substantial to behind with?
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

lol, come on. You;re 19 and you're posting about a telephone relationship between two states?????? Troll, I hope you're a troll. If not, please get out of your house and into a club, lounge or college campus and interact with people face to face, and stop taking your sisters leftovers geeesh.