+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: do any romantic men exist?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMan View Post
    Yes, romantic guys do exist. Often times, however, they are not the kind of guys women like. It may be confusing but when a man is a romantic type, he is usually a nice guy. And over time, nice guys tend to be viewed as boring by women because they aren't spontaneous and exciting.
    Different expectations and definitions of romance. What starts out as nice may be misconstrued as being romantic. Carry on down the same path and you may end up further and further from it.

It's a tricky balance as the notion of romantic is subjective, though there are a few actions that are almost universally lauded and some characteristics which are steadfast. Original, spontaneous, unexpected, and selfless are often qualities found in romantic gestures. Sometimes cliché things from films can be romantic as well: candle lighted dinner on a mountain. That works.

I'm a nice guy that tries to be romantic, but that has not been very successful in the past so over time I have become a little harder and less willing to try so hard. That is probably why not many guys stay romantic for long because it usually doesn't lead to anything other than girls thinking your nice. Its a thin line between romantic and nice that most of us fail to achieve.

Eh, I only get romantic on full moons Nways, my romantic idea is doing things unsuspected and not planned.

Yeah definitely lots of romantic men exists.It depends what girl wants a man to show.
    http://www.follicareresearch.com/

^^^^^^^so very true. it is proper to open doors and do nice things in the primary stages of a relationship. this level of romance is indeed romantic and many may benefit from this admiration. however, i hypothesize a more profound level of romanticism in which the intention and mindset behind the action becomes the romantic component. the lack of and variances on these levels of romance become the issue. some of the romantics get caught up in relationships with those not seeking any sort of romance and it may go to waste. other may find substance and a connection with a partner, but their intentions/mindset/abilities may contrast. like the above poster said, its all about what someone wants from a situation. and what theyre capable of.
    Last edited by msingell; 07-11-10 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kake224 View Post
    I mean really are there any guys out there that are truly romantic? ... Not gay or bi or the...I'm romantic until I get her in bed type either. I mean really do you exist at all or is this just a hopeless fantasy we women want to believe? Or maybe the better question is, what kinds of things do you consider romantic? Because sometimes I think my husband is really trying the only way he knows how. Unfortunately it's not my idea of romantic at all.

There are millions of singles out there seeking partners. But so many of them are game players. Or just looking for casual dating. Or for "activity partners.
    Learn What To Do And What To Say
    To Get Your Ex Back In No Time Flat!
    http://getyourexbackresources.com

I was thinking the exact same thing!

I lurrvve romance! There's not enough of it these days!

Does writing love letters, making scrapbooks, setting up candles and wine and chocolates on an anniversary, moonlit walks, and breakfast in bed count? Or is that normal? Or is that gay?

are there romantic men around? well ... theres certainly one

i do things i think are romantic which im sure the general population also do. can't name them but its defo on my priorities list when in a relationship (and generally to girl i guess). im not into love poems and shit like that. i think thats kinda gay. just caring for someone i think it romantic ... making that extra effort to let her know that you care about her and would do anything for her. who knows ...

HA!

I was soooooo romantic with my first love. She LOVED it, and then one day, she was used to it. Before I knew it, I was banging my head against the wall trying to think of new and exciting ways to be romantic with her. Soon, I realized it was just work and she had grown tired of it. To me, romance is like smoking weed on a empty stomach, it's great, but only in small doses.

I think more often then not men have some romance in them. Some may be hopeless. Some are overly romantic. Most fall in the middle. I find that if you treat men very sweetly for a while, give lots of compliments, don't sweat the small things, this tends to bring out their romantic side. I think men are afraid of doing something wrong because we females tend to point these things out and this blocks some of their romantic notions. Try coddling him for a few weeks and see what happens! =) Let me know how it works out!

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    And who gave you the idea of what's romantic?
    Television.
    I agree too.
    You're expecting something you've been told to be romantic, like TV and movies.
    An evening by the beach with someone you like may be as romantic as can be, it may not be nothing unusual or special, but you enjoyed roaming around and having a little chat, became a part of your memories. It worthed it!
    Forget about open doors, red flowers and expensive craps to women, altough do it once in a long while it's ok, it's more than dead way of thinking.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreBeautiful View Post
    I think more often then not men have some romance in them. Some may be hopeless. Some are overly romantic. Most fall in the middle. I find that if you treat men very sweetly for a while, give lots of compliments, don't sweat the small things, this tends to bring out their romantic side. I think men are afraid of doing something wrong because we females tend to point these things out and this blocks some of their romantic notions. Try coddling him for a few weeks and see what happens! =) Let me know how it works out!
    I could see myself falling for this trick.

Don't get romantically frustrated though when he doesn't give back.

I think i'm romantic, but usually most girls i like don't like it if you are, strange but true.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast