+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Facebook statuses and phone calls don't mix?

Facebook statuses and phone calls don't mix?

I was just talking to a girl from work that I like tonight... and I need an outside opinion on the situation I'm in. She's 19 and I'm 22.

I like her, but I'm not sure if she really likes me. We flirt at work all the time, but she parties a lot so I'm not sure if its just how she is. Lately though shes been calling me after work and we've been talking late into the night about random stuff.

Heres the situation. She posts this on her Facebook a little while before she calls me tonight, I don't see it until during the actual call:

i wish he could see how much i really liked him.... but it doesn't even matter because i will never be good enough... :(

Now I might have made an error by doing this, but I brought it up, saying what was up with her status, and how she shouldn't be so down on herself all the time. I didn't actually bring up the guy thing, but I implied it. She then tries to change the subject, and suddenly "has to go" but tells me to text/call her tomorrow.

Any ideas on what all this means?
    Last edited by kc1234; 08-11-10 at 03:00 PM.

a movie taught me something invaluable once pal. i can't remember the movie which sucks but the quote was "its better to regret something you have done, rather than something you haven't"

in my eyes from what you've said she has the hots for you. you like her so just ask if she wanted to get a drink after work or something. don't phrase it as a date, just getting a drink. she may say no, but again this doesn't mean no. give it a couple of weeks and ask again in case maybe she was just shocked or something when you asked.

if it goes well then drinks at 5pm could easily last until early dinner time and then wham, you've got your date

thats what i'd do anyway.

You won't know if she really likes you and unless you ask her out.

That message could mean any one of the guys she may know/associate with.

Well she has expressed interest in going out, saying the other day she wants to go swimming with me and some friends. I've been to her apartment a few times too. Even with all the stuff that goes on though I am not sure if she likes me or just thinks of me as a friend, because she hasn't done anything obvious in my eyes to make me 100% sure. Shes mysterious like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kc1234 View Post
    Well she has expressed interest in going out, saying the other day she wants to go swimming with me and some friends.
    either ur friendzoned or not... u said u talk on the phone a lot? thats a big no-no. ur not her gf. DONT BECOME her emotional tampon. dont even bring up other guys. And there is a HUGE diff between, going out (just u 2), and hanging out with her AND friends. U really have to isolate the situation so its just you and her. Ask her out. if ur chicken, id even say, text her. ask her what shes up to on thur or fri night....(day really doesnt matter). Tell her u want to bring her to a place to eat (that u like). dont ask where she wants to go, be a man and show her where u like to go. be a man, show initiative, dominance, and confidence... and make sure ur having a good time, and shes LUCKY to be sharing this wonderful time with you, cus YOU ARE THE SHIT! everyone wants you!.... be that guy

gluck