+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I contact her right now? I NEED HELP

Should I contact her right now? I NEED HELP

Yesterday I had a first date with an acquaintance. It went well; we got along great and shared fun and humorous conversation. We drank a little too much and ended fooling around and then having sex. I've never had sex on the 1st date before. I actually like this girl. I left her place this morning feeling pretty awkward because I think we went too fast and that it shouldn't have happened that way. I'm guessing she feels the same. I want to contact her at some point soon (maybe with a text) and let her know that I do want to actually date her. I don't want her to go all day today and tomorrow feeling weird about things, but I also don't want to seem over eager in contacting her. Should I contact her today to let her know we may have gone too fast but that I'm really interested in her? After having sex, will she feel bad if she doesn't hear from me today? Should I wait until tomorrow? I have no clue what's best. I want her to feel ok.

Your instincts are right. You should contact her the day after, otherwise it could get (even more) awkward.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Either wait until tomorrow - or later today. Maybe ask her out on another date in the next few days as a start over?

"Yesterday"? That means it's been two days now, right? I hope you've called her by now or she probably thinks you got what you wanted and are already hitting up the next booty call.

I agree with your plan and applaud your sensitivity to her feelings. Call her today.

Just handle it very delicately. Concentrate on your desire to date her and your interest in seeing if a relationship might develop, but downplay the sex part to avoid embarrassing her or making her feel like she did something wrong. As a girl, she is likely to think that it was her fault.

Carl.