+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not Sure

Not Sure

I am a 25 year old male and have never been on a date, had a gf, or done anything with a girl etc. I am very outgoing, work out religiously, going to medical school soon. Growing up I was friends with many guys who had lots of gf's and we would go out partying/socializing every week. For some reason or another, I just never got the interest of any girl. I was always "just a friend." The unfortunate thing is there really is nothing wrong with me, I do not have any major flaw or turn off. I do not act like I have no experience, many people have come up to me surprised I have never had a gf etc because of the way I act around girls.

So I guess I am at a crossroads. The one thing I know is I will not settle for a girl. But at the same time I honestly dont think there would be many girls willing to hang out with me knowing I have no experience at 25. I am thinking my window of opportunity has passed and I should only focus on my career. While I would prefer to have a wife and family one day I am beginning to accept that it might not happen.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I will tell you right now that if you met a girl and both of you were interested in eachother, that your past would not matter one bit.

How do you know if they are interested in you or not if you won't even bother to ask them out on a date. Your flaw is that you aren't aggressive enough.

Yeah, have you ever even shown interest in a girl? If you described yourself accurately, then there's no reason you couldn't get a girl.

I might have worded my post poorly. When I say I have not attracted the interest of any girl I meant in that no girl has been willing to hang out with me etc. I have asked girls out many many times, the answer is always no, I would but im busy, etc.
    Last edited by jtom; 14-11-10 at 05:21 PM.

Would you consider yourself to be fun to be around and interesting to talk to?

Sure, a decent physique and having a solid path ahead in life is all nice and dandy, but the key that locks it all together is if you can make a girl laugh and keep her interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jtom View Post
    I might have worded my post poorly. When I say I have not attracted the interest of any girl I meant in that no girl has been willing to hang out with me etc. I have asked girls out many many times, the answer is always no, I would but im busy, etc.
    If you've asked lots of girls out "many many times" and they're all saying no, then you're probably doing something wrong. What do you normally do when you meet a girl you think is attractive?

maybe try to ask one your friends to set you up with someone on a blind (or normal) date.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say your probably not being aggressive enough and its all in between your ears. Your social, you have tons of friends, etc.., no major flaw.. leads me to believe that when you do encounter someone your interested in, you wait for something to happen instead of making it happen yourself. If you just sit there hoping that the girl will do all the work, your mistaken. Try and put yourself out there a little more by taking some chances or whatever. And most of, you got to build up some self confidence, that will go a long way.