+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can two co-dependent people with borderline personality disorders fancy eachother?

Can two co-dependent people with borderline personality disorders fancy eachother?

I've just begun reading about co-dependence and BPD and am wondering if it's possible for one co-dependent BPD to be in a relationship with another one?

It strikes me as odd in that the co-dependent is meant to lack an identify of their own searches for it in others. Thus, isn't such a person really looking for and finding herself?

Or is it more likely that one person is BPD and the other is co-dependent?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    .................????????

For your own good, please step away from the pop-psych books before you are so utterly annoying that no one with a shred of common sense wants to be near you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Would it help if I were to rephrase the question without psycho-analytical terms? I believed using them would provide clarity, but I realize that the question I had wanted to pose was muddled anyway.

This is what I was trying to ask:
    If two people are in an unstable relationship, how does one know who is the source of instability: him, her, or both? How does one untangle the confusion? From my perspective, it makes a huge difference if both people had problems or it was just one. If it's just the one, then there's potentially twice as much to examine and correct.

Self reflection is integral to self improvement, is it not?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If a relationship is not stable because both people have a mental health issue, I don't think you can say that one or the other person is the source. Mentally healthy people generally avoid relationships that are dysfunctional; unhealthy people feed off each other.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?