+ Follow This Topic

Thread: it's all over

it's all over

this is my second post. In my first post I asked about what would be the best way to handle unrequited love from a friend, I decided to stop contact and get away from her because hanging out with her would only lead to pain. So after some time of not speaking or seeing eachother she contacted me...I couldn't avoid her forever without a reason so I explained that I need some time off and that I can't just be friends with her, it's best for me to back off and disappear. She agreed it's best for me to let her go, amazingly, we were very mature about it.
    But, there's still a slight doubt in my mind, maybe I shouldn't have said anything and continue the way it was...I don't know, I just need your opinion about this decision

I am in love with my best friend too (see my story love the lady i truly loved over bullskit), and alhough she did respond to my love several times, I'll have to forget about her too. Its hard as hell to forget someone you love, but you did the mature thing to do. Just try to avoid contact for 2 months, and see where you stand then.

You guys need to do things in the proper order. As soon as you realize that you are attracted to a woman, approach her and flirt with her. Then ask her for her number. Call her up, or text her, and ask her out on a date.

What doesn't work is to become fake-friends with her in hopes that the friendship will turn into something more. You will quickly get stuck in the Friend Zone and writhe in pain while she dates more assertive guys who just asked her out.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.