+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ok, what to do?

Ok, what to do?

I met a girl recently at school, I like her a lot blah blah blah...

We went out for a lunch date once, neither of us have really had time since then to go out again. She seems interested, she always walks with me to class and such, sometimes we hold hands..so I asked her yesterday if she wanted to make it official. She told me she was unsure and hadn't decided on her feelings yet. Is this just a nice way of saying no? It didn't make anything awkward, we're still pretty much the same towards each other (I talked to her about an hour ago, everything seems fine..). I'd guess this is just something that would take time?

"...Is this just a nice way of saying no?..."

Probably not. A much more common 'no' would have been "I just don't see you that way" "I see you more as a friend" etc.

I think you just moved a bit fast for her taste. If it didn't make her feel awkward, then just keep things light and casual and fun for the time being.

-PP

Well, it WAS a "no." But it's understandable that she would say that after only one date. Not many people can be sure about someone so soon. You asked way too early. The fact that you didn't scare her off bodes well for you, I guess.

By the way, just for future reference, if you had been seeing her for a long time and she still gave you that "I'm unsure, I haven't decided yet" line, then that would be the kind of "no" that would mean you should give up.

It's been just under a month since we went. I also see her pretty often at school in class and at lunch and we've been talking since September. Don't know if that makes it too soon still or not
    Last edited by Sleepwalker89; 20-11-10 at 12:49 PM.

Yeah, that's still too soon. I would think that you'd need to spend more time with someone outside of school/work to really know them enough to be sure.

Have you asked her out on more dates since that first one? You should go out on more dates.

I did, but we're both too damn busy right now. The semester is almost over, so it's crunch time at this point.
    Last edited by Sleepwalker89; 20-11-10 at 01:17 PM.