+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Romantic or Platonic ... a survey. : )

Romantic or Platonic ... a survey. : )

I broke up with my ex almost two months ago, which is an aside, but still you should know.

One of our mutual friends messaged me to ask to see us for lunch.

I told him we have separated but that I'd still see the friend for lunch.

So he asks to go out to lunch... just the two of us. We do, and it was so much fun. We talked about many things... one of which was a movie I had been meaning to see for a while in a movie theater that we both deem our favorite... After lunch he asks if I wanted to come up and see his new place, which I did. Before I leave, he says to me "if you don't see the movie within the next two weeks we should go together."

Romantic or platonic?

I'd say there may be an interest.

An interest in what though, is unclear at this point.

He could actually like you - he could be just wanting to see how easy it is to get in your underwear.

Which is why you don't sleep with him and until it does become clear if he has a real interest or not.

Hmm.. it seems a bit on the romantic side, but did he say that you guys should see the movie together alone or with some mutual friends? It seems like he misses spending time with you, though, so I'm leaning on romantic.

Thanks for your responses.

He literally said, "if you don't see the movie in the next two weeks, we should go see it together."

More details...after he picked up the check he asked if I was in a hurry. When I said no, he ordered another coffee... so he seemed like he was having a good time.

But then again, he could also be a very nice guy who enjoyed himself with his friend...

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I'd say there may be an interest.

An interest in what though, is unclear at this point.

He could actually like you - he could be just wanting to see how easy it is to get in your underwear.

Which is why you don't sleep with him and until it does become clear if he has a real interest or not.
    I agree xxazurexx

Well, if his interest is romantic or platonic, I'd say not to expect something from him and be careful. Have you guys been together long? I'm sure you'll know it when he's trying to be more romantic with you.

We're not together. We are friends...I'm just trying to feel him out and figure out if he is interested in more or if his behavior is just that of a friend.. I hope I'm not confusing you too much.

Oh no, sorry! I guess I misunderstood... I'm not really good at focusing today. Well, in any case, I hope you find out for sure if he's looking to be something more with you. How was your friendship generally been? Are you guys really close? For example, does he often call you about advice on things?

I was also wondering, how close of a friend is he to your ex? Really good friends or are they more aquaintances?

No worries! : ) Our friendship was not very close. We texted here and there and emailed. We would keep in touch, and he would keep asking to go out to lunch/see us all the time, but I could never figure out anything since my ex was so busy. And seeing the friend alone would have been weird. However, even though my ex and I met him at the same time, he was always closer to me than my ex.... just a weird connection. And since I told him that my ex and I are no longer together, he asked to see me without him. I suppose he could have not seen me if he was more interested in catching up with my ex... or he might be seeing both of us just not together. I guess I'll wait and see. But he implied we should get together for tennis, as well... and that we should go see that movie together ... not sure. Mixed signals.

I was also wondering, how close of a friend is he to your ex? Really good friends or are they more aquaintances?
    They are acquaintances... and a lot more distant than myself and the friend. My ex never really liked him much.... but I did.

They are acquaintances... and a lot more distant than myself and the friend. My ex never really liked him much.... but I did.

Happy New Year everyone!!! It has been 1.5 months since I wondered about this guy and sought your advice. Just to remind you, three weeks after I got out of a serious relationship, this guy and I went and had lunch. Two weeks after that I went to one of his concerts...and a week after that, we went and saw a movie together. Back then, it seemed platonic to me.

Well, 1.5 months after seeking your advice for the first time following the events above (which is four months after getting out of a serious relationship that I am completely ove), I am still confused about this guy! : ) He is certainly more present in my thoughts than before. Ever since that 1.5 months ago when I first asked for your opinion if this is romantic or platonic, I have hung out with this guy every single weekend, AND we have spent new year's eve together... He always initiates hanging out and always wants to know what we are doing. After NYE, we hung out the next day, as well... we watched a movie. He is super nice, kind, extremely perceptive and truly enjoys himself when we're together... but after every time we hang out, I get a high-five and "see you soon." !!!

I just don't know. I am seeing him again this weekend and I am trying really hard to see this as just something platonic. I have many guy friends, but... truth be told, I certainly don't see them every weekend. : ) Thoughts? Opinions? : )

In my opinion try to spice it up this weekend explain how you feel but do it on a manner where he would understand you.

My current girlfriend and me had the exact same position we hang out a lot and I were actually in love with her but were to shy
    to talk about it, until some random day when she asks me about if I love her as in girlfriend love and My response was a plain yes
    after all we had been together in 3 months before getting a bit serious.

So definitely try these things:

1st. Look on the way he reacts on everything bodylanguage if he flirts with you or other stuff that are similar things.

2nd. Try to make him ask you out on a real date were there is a more romantic feeling

3rd. Take it into your own hands and don't be hard on him but try to explain how you feel and see if he likes you and IF
    you can develop a more connected relationship with him after all, he should make the push but if he doesn't and you feel he is
    hiding it you should make the push

I really hope you can find something in this friendship

Plain and simple; Good luck and have a happy new year 2011 will be good
    Last edited by DavidDeAnge; 06-01-11 at 11:29 PM.
    I never forget someone and never wants to hurt someone either THAT IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE MY NATURE

The last time we met he welcomed me with a huge smile and open arms... his arm was always against mine when watched movies... Also, I noticed him looking at me when I was coming downstairs one time... as soon as he saw me looking at him he looked away. : ) Soooo...some signs are there, but maybe he is just being really nice, a friend who is just comfortable around me.......... thanks for your advice! : )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast