+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend of a friend

Friend of a friend

I'm good friends with a girl (GIRL A) and she introduced me to a friend of hers recently (GIRL B) at a get together. She kept trying to get me to meet this girl for the longest time and according to this girl my friend kept talking about me to this girl. Was this some sort of half-assed match making attempt? I got along with this girl but we didn't get to talk long before she had to leave. She laughed at my jokes and we seemed interested in the same things, but she's hard to gauge because she isn't all that emotional.

As far as I know she's single and I was going to ask her out on a coffee type thing next time I see her but we live in different cities and the only time I'll see her again is if I hang out with my good friend.

The thing is, my good friend seemed hellbent on me meeting her, but once we met, she didn't mention it all that extensively. Just wondering what it was all about. If I'm really good friends with GIRL Al, should I expect her to be more open with me or this GIRL B? I'm going to approach GIRL Bl next time I see her regardless, I'm pretty confident she'll at least go for some coffee. It just sucks living far away and being kind of broke. It's not all that easy to establish contact.

And I'm wondering how my friend fits in with this...should I try to arrange something (like mentioning hanging out with this girl or something so I can talk to her more) or just leave it to chance. My spider-sense says I should not SAY A SINGLE WORD to my friend. I'm used to my guy friends helping me out in this department, but I don't know how women operate with their guys friends...methinks she'd be more open with GIRL B, but me and GIRL A are pretty good friends so who knows.

The question is, do you really like Girl B? Would she be worth the whole long distance relationship thing? And if you did date, and then split up do you think that would have an affect on your friendship with Girl A?

Not sure if I like her, more like insterested in seeing her again. She's cute, but my heart isn't beating over her. I don't meet a lot of women in my town though so I don't see the harm in approaching for a date...

But yeah, that's the thing, we don't live close. She isn't VERY far away- about an hour and a half commute to where she is- so it isn't totally crazy. Could be living closer to her eventually depending on my financial situation, but I'm not looking for anything super serious in it anyway.

So I guess that's why I'm wondering about the approach. Right now our only link is my friend, but the less I have to rely on my friend to help me the better...but my point was if I should really mention anything to her at all...since she's a girl too...

Girls do tend to talk a lot, especially to other girls, so be careful about how much you say to your friend, especially if you are not interested in anything serious.

What about wanting us to meet so bad? Found that weird. Like she REALLY REALLY wanted us to meet.

Your friend is obviously playing match maker. I am not saying don't say anything to your friend, but if you do just keep it casual, like "was nice to meet Girl b when I last visited, she seems nice". She should take that to mean that you would like to see her again, and would therefore arrange it for the next time you visited. I just said to be careful what you tell her cus it is likely that anything you tell her will get passed onto Girl B.
    Last edited by crazygirl; 22-11-10 at 05:35 PM.

Yeah she actually did bring up our meeting once in a phone call and I said I thought the girl was cool and the meeting was fun/funny.

She hasn't mentioned it since. She's been keen on me coming back to the city where they both live, so I'm hoping when I get a chance to go back she'll sort of "Hey let's go hang out with Girl B at some party". I'd like a place where me and Girl B could get alone and talk but I'm worried if the 3 of us hang out it'll just be bad and I'll wind up in a friend zone situation.

Sounds like it is going fine. Try and get back to the city, and next time you see the girl ask for her phone number so it doesn't always have to go via your friend.