+ Follow This Topic

Thread: One last ditch effort at her, thoughts?

One last ditch effort at her, thoughts?

I've posted on here before but im just gonna briefly give some background.

There is a girl I met about 3-4 months ago, we started hanging out, went on a couple dates. We always connect, we are always laughing, smiling when we hang out and im really comfortable around her and it seems the same for her. Then with my luck, she ran into her ex boyfriend (who took her virginity), I was there when she ran into him. We went on a date a few days later, everything seemed good. Later the next day after we were talking for a bit she told me she wasn't ready for a relationship, when she saw him she realized she wasn't over with him. By the way this guys a complete jack ass. I should add that the night that we saw him (before we saw him) I told her I liked her and she said she liked me to and we kissed (we were both drunk). I also should add im always a gentleman to her, holding doors, getting the car door, going to her door at her house, and I don't think she's used to this from that scum bag guy, it might be a bit overwhealming to her.

We've still continued to talk and hang out (casually). She seems so inconsistent, sometimes it seems like she likes me, and when we hang out its the same as before everything seems good. A few times on the weekend and were texting, mostly we were both drunk, but she has wanted me to come to the bar where she is. We've continued to talk, but it seems that she's more distant, she texts me less and most of the time im usually the one to initiate the text. A couple of times i asked her to hang out on the weekend and she said she was busy and didn't mention any alternate days. Just recently I asked her to hang out and she couldn't, but this time she gave me an alternate day to hang out but I couldn't make it that day.

My plan is to just get it off my chest and tell her to give me a chance, and tell her that I will not hurt her and it will be totally worth it etc. Either that or I could ask her why she's been more distant, and if she would rather have me stop talking to her so much. The problem is due to a committment, I have to see her once a week for the next few months, and if she says no, I will still see her and end up continuing to think about her. I don't know if I want to ask her this stuff yet, or if i should wait a while (lately i havent texted her as much) and hope that she realize she misses having me around so much.

Any thoughts, on what im planning to do, or the situation. Let me know if you have any advice on the situation please it would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Jedwards; 22-11-10 at 09:16 PM. Reason: added details

I got to add this, she is a few years younger and seems to be in a partying phase, I think that is one of the things holding her back, and I am not sure but I wouldn't doubt it if shes back talking to her ex and possibly sleeping with him. Ill say everytime im with her it seems the same as before, shes always laughing and smiling at me, im not sure if shes confused or what

My advice would be to stop contacting her at all. Right now you are kind of in limbo, she knows you are there for her if she needs you etc, but she probably doesn't know what she wants. Stop contacting her/texting her, if she texts you, don't reply straight away, otherwise the only thing you are going to end up as is the shoulder to cry on or if you were lucky, the rebound guy. If she likes you she will be in touch soon enough, if she doesn't then she is not interested and you need to move on.

I know that's probably true but I'm just tired of the confusion and stress I want to know if I got a shot with her if not ill move on, I've been wasting all this time and passing up other opportunities if she is interested she's worth the wait but if not I got to get on with my life