+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do he really want to get back together???

Do he really want to get back together???

My boyfriend & I split up nearly 3 months ago. It started off with me being unhappy for a while and the relationship wasn't very fulfilling anymore. I decided we needed a split, he wanted a break, I said that hadn't worked before and we split. A week later I regretted the situation. I tried to make ammends and he was no longer interested.
    I went NC with him, apart from slight contact in terms of him seeing our son. However, conversation was limited to him. After a week or so we began talking as friends and decided this is what we should be for our sons sake. We had been friends before we got together 4 years ago so it is a shame to lose that. Soon conversation turned to intimacy. This had been practically non-existant since having our son and I knew it was his 'major' issue in our relationship. Needless to say, in the week that followed things did get intimate on a few occasions. We went on a few dates and lunches and decided to work on our relationship. We would send me texts saying he loved both me and our son. We had a rough couple of days which resulted in me having a huge arguement with his mum at our home. My boyfriend left and never contacted me for 5 days. Eventually, we agreed to meet to discuss and we again decided to 'date' and 'work on things'. He does tend to insist that it 'might not work out'.
    This was all going well, he came to a couples meal with me for a friends birthday, we went out for dinner and on dates. However, due to an incident I can't do into, we 'split' again. I was convinced this was it. There was no cheating involved but due to a misunderstanding, not on my behalf, I think he felt betrayed by me. I stress, it was NOT my fault. It was a misunderstanding by another party who portrayed me in a bad light.
    I was sure that this was it. He was angry and refused to speak to me. We argued and I spent 4 or 5 days depressed convinced that, despite things going so well, we were over. However, after a week, we began talking again. I played things cool, talking as a friend and not mentioning our relationship. Soon he made 'intimate' gestures verbally. I haven't done anything with him for 2 months. He says that is an issue we need to resolve to get back together. He says, in return, he needs to 'woo' me and take me out on dates.
    What are his intentions? He still stresses sometimes that it 'might not work out' but says that he is scared that it won't work, things won't change and we will go through this again. I am scared as well though! This has been HELL! Is he just sayiing all the right things to get some 'action' and using the 'it might not work' as a get out clause?? What do you think? There have been so many incidents that have given him cause to finish things completely and caused a lot of damage but he still comes back. Is this a good sign?

Quick update! He has been really keen. Making the first move in terms of talking to me, talking to me every night and dropping our son off and when I begin to tell him something he'll say, "tell me about it tonight onlie or via text" as if it's an excuse for me or him to speak to each other at night. We have never usually been this much in contact since we first split up 3 months ago. However, 2 nights ago, he was talking normally and his conversation slowed to a near stop. He said he was tired and was watching Football. Conversation was non-existant then and he hasn't contacted me at all yesterday or last night. How can he go from being so keen to ignoring me?? Or am I just reading too much into it? Please can someone give me their opinion. My head is in tatters and the thought of Christmas without him is killing me!!

Why not contact him and ask to see him. Lay it all out, tell him how you feel,etc. There's no way of any of us to know what is going through his head. Communication my dear, it's the only way to figure this one out.

I agree with Smackie. You definitely need to do all you can to make your relationship work for your son's sake. If he's asking you to keep him updated about your life, he's interested in you. Continue to try to meet him in the middle. I've seen some great articles on a blog "relationship recovery how to win my ex back". Maybe you can go there and find some interesting tips.