+ Follow This Topic

Thread: communicating with your girlfriend while you are out with the guys for a long night

communicating with your girlfriend while you are out with the guys for a long night

How often do you communicate with your girlfriend/wife while you are out having fun with the boys? Cuz you know that she is sorta wondering what you all are doing.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ???

Why are you communicating at all, unless you are going to be home late? (Assuming you told her you were going to be out.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

^Agree. Why would you be communicating at all.

If 2 people can't trust each other and to be apart for any length of time, then you shouldn't be together.

I invite my girlfriend along if I'm going out for the night with friends. If she doesn't want to come along, I don't feel the need to check in with her. If the roads are unusually dangerous, like the last two Saturdays in a row here, I might call to let her know that I got to my destination safely.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Ok, it's male forum, but as a girl I aslo was surprise by this post. I wouldn't report my every step and don't demand it from anyone else. It's fine to let each other know about plans and share stories, but not because of trust issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    I invite my girlfriend along if I'm going out for the night with friends. If she doesn't want to come along, I don't feel the need to check in with her. If the roads are unusually dangerous, like the last two Saturdays in a row here, I might call to let her know that I got to my destination safely.
    Sounds perfect to me.

I have two sisters who when their bfs go out with the guys, won't leave them the fook alone.

They are constantly calling their bfs, 'What are you up too'. 'Who is there with you'? 'Where are you going next'? It's painful to watch.

I tell them 'For gods sake give them a break!! They are out with their mates!

I'd probably only call and to say I was on the way home/or to let him know what time to pick me up.

I always give my wife the chance to come along if I'm going out for any reason at all. If she doesn't want to, we still always send each other messages randomly through the night/call each other from time to time. Not out of lack of trust, just simply because we miss each other when we're apart. But no one should ever feel the need to "check in" (aside from as others have said, the normal "I know it's icy out and I just want you to know I made it safely" type thing.) There should never be a reason to pull the... "Are there girls where you are???????" "Are there guys where you are????????" "What are you doing? And what will you do next?" kind of nonsense.

sounds like there isnt any trust in the relationship....