+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do about this...?

What should I do about this...?

I need to get some input from people I don't know real quick... I'll try to keep it short... as best I can.

So back in February I met this Korean exchange student from a mutual friend, we started hanging out in groups, then later on us the two of us. Eventually it was obvious to both of us that the feelings were mutual, But she was going back to Korea in June, so some day in May she just dropped communications with me completely.

She didn't reply to any of my calls or texts, (I did not bombard her with them) so I just decided to give her some space. I made it very clear cut I didn't want to pressure her into anything. Then June came and she left without so much as a goodbye.

Fast forward to about a week ago, she messages me for the first time since she left. Telling me she's coming back in December for an internship for two years. She asked if it was OK to hang out with our mutual friends. I was wondering why she would even ask me for permission for that to begin with and she later added if it was OK to see me also.

I'm quite perplexed at this situation. She practically dropped off the face of the earth from me without telling me anything, and half a year later she decides to message me again? How should I proceed this?

I can see why you think its odd she text to ask, but I can see why (i think). When I broke up with my boyfriend I found it easier just to blank him as I felt bad hurting him (go figure), and when ive had to text him since im always really nice (out of guilt), we have 2 mutual friends and I do the same thing now and then. Obvioulsy this isnt what you want to hear, im just telling you how I can relate to what shes doing, doesnt mean its the same.

Are you sure she didnt have a boyfriend before/ while you met her? It is a bit strange for her to just blank you like that when there hadnt been any bad air. Maybe shes seeing someone?

That would have been my first guess.... she started seeing someone else or already was seeing someone else. Could be wrong....

She was 100% single while we were hanging out. I can't decide if I want to even bother hanging out with her when she gets back in the states. A part of me is really happy that she's coming back and in all honesty I still have lingering feelings for her, the other part just doesn't want to deal with the possible let down of trying again.

I mean I got absolutely no closure as to what even happened between us when she went back to Korea. Just not too fond of openly walking down an uncomfortable path...

shes just being polite, im korean too... she grew up in korea so she probably thought it would be rude to be hanging out with just ur mutual friend, but not urself included, so she asked... then asked to hang out with you...

I'd take it to mean that she's returning to the US and she's wanting people to hang out with.

she may have had separation issues before she left and now that she is back and certain to stay for a long time, maybe she is more willing to give the relationship another go
    http://www.antileon-ent.com/sex