+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This is pathetic - I'm can't get a chick I've never spoken to IRL out of my head :(

This is pathetic - I'm can't get a chick I've never spoken to IRL out of my head :(

There's this chick. We spoke online. I really liked her personality etc. However, we never really spoke in real life, we've waved, looked at each other. Sometimes I feel that she likes me, but is in the same position as me. She looks at me weird, and avoids me. Things she's said also give me that impression. But the realistic bit of me knows that I'm 95% just imagining this and she doesn't want to even know me.

I almost got over her - although, whenever she was mentioned in convos I felt slightly sad. She even started hanging out with friends. It kinda hurts I guess. And today, I came late to an event, just as she was leaving. I avoided her then got on with life. Until afterwards, my best friend who doesn't hang out with her says that just before I came they were all hanging out (yes, I know I'm over using that term) - including her.

I felt like vomiting, if I had come on time I might have been able to speak to her IRL for once in my stupid life. Now I just feel like crap - and I know this is absolutely pathetic - whatever.

Wow, okay. Let's do a little backing up.

You've only spoken to her online? Okay.. but you know her IRL? She goes to school with you? Work? What's the situation?

What did you speak about online? Was it one convo? Many? Flirty? Friendly? Casual? Short?

How does she look at you weird? And what makes you think she's avoiding you?

More details will help us help you.

And regardless, the good news is this is a case of temporary infatuation at worst and a possible relationship start at best. So chill out, mi Amigo.

Sounds to me like you have a real problem - in the sense that you can communicate online but not face to face.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Sounds to me like you have a real problem - in the sense that you can communicate online but not face to face.
    Meh, it happens. I was that way when I was young. Just takes growing a pair at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    Wow, okay. Let's do a little backing up.

You've only spoken to her online? Okay.. but you know her IRL? She goes to school with you? Work? What's the situation?

What did you speak about online? Was it one convo? Many? Flirty? Friendly? Casual? Short?

How does she look at you weird? And what makes you think she's avoiding you?

More details will help us help you.

And regardless, the good news is this is a case of temporary infatuation at worst and a possible relationship start at best. So chill out, mi Amigo.
    I know her IRL, but have never had a proper conversation with her. She goes to our sister school and plays in lower divisions of my soccer and futsal teams.

Our conversations were quite long, to early hours in the morning. It was basically a crap load of reflecting on and laughing at life, and then she'd always tell me some story about how crap her life was (she was an insomniac and depressed at the time, now she's almost the queen bee).

It's just lots of weird things. Like yesterday I walk into the futsal centre and her team had just finished. I walk in, and notice her standing with her team and she's just staring at me. I was running late for the game so I looked away and walked to my game. But whenever I try to start a conversation she just lets her other friends that are always around answer, she's never done anything in real life to proactively communicate with me except for when we first started talking online and she walked past me in a shopping centre, waved, smiled, then had to go because she was with a friend.

Thanks for helping man

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    I know how pathetic it sounds. I'm usually a fine communicator IRL. I'm in my schools debating team, I'm one of the two public speakers they select for competitions - I'm not shy. It's just whenever I look at her, she either does the aforementioned thing or it feels as if it'd be weird if I spoke to her personally.