+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to get him interested again

How to get him interested again

My ex told me that our long-distance relationship was too difficult and he's fallen out of love, but I want to make it work.

I know that deep down he still has some feelings for me, we've loved each other for five years and we're still close, he still texts me every day. But I know he is not nearly as interested as he once was. Part of that is probably due to the fact that he's interested in someone new, but she isn't allowed to date so I figure their fling will fizzle out soon enough. I also feel like it's because we've known eachother for a long time and it's become very unexciting and predictable. We've talked about everything.

I wanted to know how to get him to want me again. I've always been very clingy, so do you think that if I back off and act like I've gotten over it, he will want to chase me again? Do you guys have any tips?

This long-distance relationship has lasted five years? And neither one of you has been able to move? What's the point?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

We're young, I just turned 18 and he's 19. In the next couple of years one of us would be able to move, so I don't want to quit now.

You guys have been long distance dating since you were both 14/15? Hun, I'm sure you love him and all, but you guys are awfully young, and long distance is rough under the best of circumstances. You admit yourself you're kind of clingy... it might be time for you to focus on yourself. DON'T use games to get him back... as in," Oh I'll look like I'm over him and he'll want me." GENUINELY try to get over him, and genuinely try to get out into the world and discover it. The most attractive thing in another person is independence. Independence makes you interesting and non-clingy. Use this break-up to discover who you are, separate from your ex.

Sorry but you both need a lot of catching up to do. You need to get out there and have different experiences with other people before thinking about being in a committed relationship. You will be becoming an adult and that means you will be free to go clubbing, flirt with hot guys, dance, enjoy sex and have fun. Enjoy your youth because marriage is no picnic.

he ain't chasin you cause youre not givin him anything to chase. so pretend to run away and he will want you back. he cant tell if youre pretending or not so dont let him win the game!

A couple of years is a long time! Some times you just need to learn to say goodbye to those you love when your life paths diverge. Don't hold on, it hurts more in the long run. Trust me.

You need to turn off the bloody computer and get out into the real world - find a boyfriend in the same town as you and then you can spend time with him. What is the point in a 'relationship' when you can't spend time with the person actually face to face?

Make him jealous that always seems to work