+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guy friend told me his friend likes me...

Guy friend told me his friend likes me...

I'm in the 12th grade of high school and I was getting ready to throw away what was left of my lunch, when my guy friend Joe told me his friend likes me. I was like "Who's he?" and my guy friend Joe really didn't say anything because we were in a hurry to get to our next class. After school I looked him (the guy who supposedly likes me) up in the school yearbook and liked what I saw. The next day when I saw my guy friend Joe there wasn't any more talk about his friend liking me. You see, my guy friend Joe has never lied to me and he's in a very serious relationship (so I don't think he has a hidden agenda). Just found out he's friends with a bunch of my female friends and I thought it was weird that he never told them about him liking me. Then, got my heart broke because I found out he's really good friends with this mean guy I sit across from in class. This mean guy tells me my teeth are really small and that I look dead. The reason my heart broke was cause I have this fear that any future boyfriend will make fun of me behind my back to his friends about how badly I perform sexually and it would kill me if this guy and I did get together and he spilled everything that went on in bed. I would be humiliated!

I just don't understand why this guy who reportedly likes me couldn't just come up to me and say I like you or something along those lines. I'm not extremely sexy so why is it so hard for him to tell me? Also, I look on his facebook wall and there's never any mention of him liking me. I'm confused! What should I say to my guy friend Joe about his friend liking me since I am interested also? What would happen if I told my guy friend Joe I also like his friend? Your a guy so what would happen if you liked me and I liked you?

Hmmmm....high school romance issues. I remember those days!! Honestly, this guy might be shy about telling you. Guys often feel intimidated for fear of rejection. Women hold the power of rejection over guys heads whether they know it or not. You shouldnt worry about what others are going to think of you sexually or otherwise. You will get better with experience...everyones got to start somewhere. Trust me, no guy is a stud in bed his first few times...even if he thinks he is...I look back on my first few times now and I wonder why the girls stayed with me!! HAHA...Seriously, just tell him your friend said he liked you and you wanted to know if that was true. If he blows you off then no big deal. Your graduating soon and you will be long gone from that place.
    no. can't do that.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Think hard do you like him or do you like him only because you found out he likes you. There's a big difference. The latter (which I did when I was your age) isn't the way you should be going about this.

A highschool boy like that *probably* will spill the beans about your ass in bed, at least hint at it. So if you can't bear that- don't do it. For the exact same reason you won't go tell him you like him (fear, humiliation, embarassed) those are the exact same reasons he didn't tell you himself.

I suggest you leave this guy alone. Your head is already messed up- you're ALREADY thinking about having sex with him and him spilling the beans... you're a little to far ahead on this one. Tell Joe to tell him you're flattered but that you don't think it's gonna happen.

My god.. a high school girl's mind.. such a scary, scary place. <3 smiley, just playin'.

Take a deep breath. Take another. Breath. Breath.

Why are you thinking about having sex with a guy that may or may not like you but you've never even spoken to? Keep it in your pants, alright?

Here's what you need to do.
    Step 1. Walk up to him, preferably when he's alone to avoid potential embarrassment.
    Step 2. Say hello.
    Step 3. If he says hello back, you say "I was wondering if we could go to a movie or something sometime" OR if he ignores you, walk away.
    Step 4. If he says yes, you say "great, here's my number, text me." and give him your number OR if he says no, you walk away.
    Step 5. Wait for him to text. Patiently. Do other things, like gossip with your girlfriends. OR if you walked away, forget about him or trashtalk him to your girlfriends. Whatevs.
    Step 6. Keep your pants on. Seriously. Keep your freaking pants on. Make out with him if you want, but don't even think about sex for at least a few months. Make that kid earn it and by then he'll by so wrapped around your finger he wouldn't dare to talk to his friends about what it was like. The key to wrapping a boy around your finger isn't having sex.. IT'S NOT HAVING SEX WITH THEM.

Also, keep your pants on around people you don't know. You sound like you consider pulling cute high school boys into closets. Take deep breaths. O.o;;

P.S. The next time mean guy says your teeth are small look directly at him and loudly say "I'm sorry, unlike you my mother isn't a horse."
    Last edited by Gratedwasabi; 02-12-10 at 04:48 PM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That was funny.

But don't use sex to play games as suggested. Keep your pants on for 1 reason purely so you don't feel horrible and regret it all for a very long time to come.

Very simply, as others here have said, guys can be very shy and very scared when it comes to girls. Even if a guy doesn't appear to be shy (if he talks and flirts with other girls, etc), he really might be if it comes to someone he thinks he can really care about. I would ask your friend to tell you a little more about this guy, what he has said, etc. And if you are still interested, talk to him. He will be very glad you made the effort to approach him and it may allow him to relax a little.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

i think that You'd better to meet him and ask him telling the truth.You should threaten him that if he don't tell who guy liking you, you, you and him will not be friends.

Quangluan_bk, You don't threaten your friend to tell you who the guy is. That only hurts the friendship you already have.

However, another thought occurred to me on this situation, smileyface. It is possible that the friend who told you about the other guy's interest could actually be the guy who is interested in you. Maybe he is testing the waters to see what kind of guy you like. Or maybe he is just too shy to tell you that he actually likes you. Just a thought...
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

sounds to me like you want the mean guy