+ Follow This Topic

Thread: BF and NYE

BF and NYE

The bf has made plans to go away for a couple nights with a friend for new years but he didn't tell me or ask me to come.
    I'm pretty disappointed.
    I mean I can still do stuff with my mates but its a but disappointing as I feel it's a pretty obvious time for couples to spend together.
    Like now I have no one to kiss at midnight.

Should I have every right to feel angry and upset or am I being needy?

Depends on how long you guys have been together and how serious the relationship is.

We've been together for 10 months and we love each other so yeah pretty serious.

In this case, I don't think you're needy. It would have been nice, at least, if he would have asked you before what you'd like to do for NYE, or if you mind if he has other plans.
    How did he come up with this idea? He just told you he wants to leave with a friend?

I was in your exact (i mean EXACT) position, however i'm the guy and my girlfriend created her NYE without even considering involving me. (we're not together anymore).

I confronted her and just said it woulda been nice to spend NYE with her, but she explained it was a girly night planned, so i just went for a weekend away with loada mates.
    And trust me, spending time with your friends on an occasion like NYE is just as good, no ones more important than friends in my opinion.

The fact that you guys didn't even talk about NYE makes me worried for the state of your relationship.

Care to elaborate ?

Does it need any elaboration? Isn't it obvious?

It needs no elaboration but I'll elaborate anyway. I've been with my GF for 4 months. We talk about what we'll do for Xmas, for the New Year, for next weekend. If your BF and you don't talk about what you'll do in the holidays after being together for 10 months then to me that rings big warning bells about the health of your relationship. It's not rocket science is it?