+ Follow This Topic

Thread: full confession while drunk

full confession while drunk

So.... I finally finished finals and to get rid of stress, i went nuts on tequila and got drunk like no other. I have a bad tendency to drunk call people. I ended up calling up my crush who I have liked for the past 4-5 years. Mind you, we grab dinner from time to time only if he's in the neighborhood; otherwise, we dont talk because we're both workaholics and we're just too busy for a social life. He's 28 and I'm 21. Anyways, i ended up confessing to him because well, I was drunk and I just didnt give a crap about what would happen afterwards. I told him that I understood that he has a lot of things going on right now and he has a lot on his place. I complained how he is just a hard person to get to know and I'm really social... but when i'm around him, I just freeze up and our conversations are just whatever. i told him how much I admired him and how much I liked how passionate he was with what he does for a living. I also said how I knew after this phone call, I know he will pretty much not contact me ever again and that was okay. Life is short and I only live once so what the hell right? He told me he was very speechless and will check up on me the next morning to see if I was okay and alive. Now obviously, I wasnt expecting anything from him... I just told him how i felt. I realized what I did the next morning, but for some reason, I dont regret saying all this to him. Ive been keeping this to myself for so long and I just wanted to let it all out. I most likely ruined this "friendship" that I had going on with him right? Sigh.

It took me 10 shots of tequila to fully confess to the guy I liked for 4-5 years. Great.

how long ago was this confession ?
    did you meet since ?
    Meshulam.

Always remember - relationships are hard work !
    Check out my blog at http://thepromall.com/blog/

Well if he's a real friend he will tell you the truth whether hes likes you back or not. And if not and he is still a true friend you can still be mates, but it might take a week or two for the dust to settle and not for it too be so akward. you both will laugh at this in years to come and you would have someone else who likes you back.

nope we didnt meet since... this only happened 2 nights ago. and the confession was like 10-15 minutes tops lol.

i think isabella86 is right, he wasn't ready for it and probably don't know how to act.
    you know each other for a long while, i don't think it will make him to run away, even if he don't think of you as a gf
    Meshulam.

Always remember - relationships are hard work !
    Check out my blog at http://thepromall.com/blog/

No one wins when you get drunk from tequila. Its not like being drunk from beer or wine. I know people who go absolutely bananas when they are drunk from tequila. Anyway, I don't see him breaking off the friendship because of this if he doesn't feel the same. He may just chalk it up to a drunken rant. What is more important is how you approach the situation from here. You could pursue it (speaking of something between the two of you) further since the proverbial cat is out of the bag, or you could just let it fade away without knowing because you want to preserve the friendship. That is something you have to decide.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

First thing first... disconnect your phone, remove your cell phone battery, unplug the computer, disengage from any opportunity to drunk dial again.
    Now, as others have said, if this guy is a true friend, you will be able to continue being friends going forward. It may just be a little awkward for some time, depending on how he feels. If he does not have the same feelings you do, it will take him a little bit of time to grasp the new wrinkle in your friendship.
    Friendships where there is unrequited love by one party is more common than you might think. If you are able to contain the romantic feelings and be friends, then you should be fine. It will be hard for you, but it won't really effect him unless you let it.
    Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I wouldnt consider him really as a FRIEND, more like someone that I worked with before and grabbed dinner here and there whenever he was around my place. I dont know him too well personally, I just know bits and pieces here and there. Hm... yeah those are the choices that I pretty much thought of as well. I remember was telling him that I know this is really random and it's okay if you stop talking to me after this conversation. I definitely remember him saying that we are going to handle this like mature adults -- whatever that means lol.

Yeah... someone should really take away my phone when I get drunk sigh.

Ouch. Did you text him or something the next day with an "Oh god I was so plastered, I don't even remember calling you but my phone says I did. Did I make a fool out of myself?"

It's pretty much the only way to potentially undo a drunken dial. Pretend you were black-out drunk and cross your fingers.

If you didn't already, it's too late.

Yeah I think it's way too late.... lol i couldnt pick up the phone and text or call him again after what I did. Darn.