+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Starting to get self conscious about the way I look

Starting to get self conscious about the way I look

I went through an ordeal about 2 years ago now where my life seemed at the time to fall apart and I lost a lot of self confidence. Counseling has came up in conversation actually through my mum when I broke down on holiday with her and told her the extent of what happened in my life at that time but I'm not really sure if that’s for me!

I'm normally really confident and have always found myself to be comfortable with guys in fact more so with girls (I thinks that mainly down to being bullied by girls at school about the way I look which sadly has never left me) but not anymore.

Recently I would not approach the guys that I normally would. Personality wise I'm a bit of a flirt, although I would say I'm a girly girl I am 'one of the boys' and get a much better banter with them. I feel that though because of my personality and admittedly I have the personality of a 13 year boy and make many sexual innuendos at times many guys just see me as a laugh and a friend. I'm not a slut! I know that I perhaps give that impression but I talk about sex openly and frankly. I have never cheated and although I don't have anything against once night stands it’s not for me. However, since I was 15 I have spent most of my time in long term relationships. I am no longer in a relationship but I would like to find Mr. right if he exists!

I don't want a 'jock' that I seem to attract but instead a mature, intelligent, career motivated and generally lovely and thoughtful guy.

I want to be true to me but at the same time I am aware that I may need to try something new in achieving this. I earn a good wage and work hard I have been used in the past for my house and my car I need help please! Also if you could give me an insight in maybe how to look more attractive to a man that would be useful. I know this is really general but Help!!

Well unless you can show us a photo of you how the hell can we comment

Lol how do I post a photo :$? I've post one for me as a blonde and one as a brunette lol if you can show me how?

A photo would help, but you sound fragile and insecure and some guys may notice that and use you with relative ease.
    And mister Right does not exists, unless the people that actually have "Right" in their names, I know none. You're searching for the perfect man "a mature, intelligent, career motivated and generally lovely and thoughtful guy.", forget it.
    You may find some of those traits, but not all in one package.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

just click on the "insert image" button on the quick reply toolbar
    Meshulam.

Always remember - relationships are hard work !
    Check out my blog at http://thepromall.com/blog/

I need another 6 posts before I am able to post an image