+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Addicting Relationships

Addicting Relationships

Hello Ladies,

I have been involved with ladies who do not possess all the qualities I want but emotionally I find myself tolerating the bad to the point where I am letting myself be humiliated. I know what I must do logically but emotionally, it is hard. Especially when that person calls me back a month after we break up.

I think I am addicted to her emotionally and my emotions overpower my logic.

So, have you ever been in an addicting relationship? Can you describe it and what led you to finally move on, if you did.

Thanks!
    We learn about ourselves in relationship with others.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had friends to help me. When I surrounded myself with people who told me how it needed to be (me alone) it helped, helped a lot. I wasn't alone, I had friends.

Can you be more specific? So, overall you pick women that aren't suitable for you (one way or another); after you broke up with the last one, you still can't move on AND she contacted you? In what kind of circumstances? Were you supposed to do the NC thingie?

Quote Originally Posted by ammi00 View Post
    Can you be more specific? So, overall you pick women that aren't suitable for you (one way or another); after you broke up with the last one, you still can't move on AND she contacted you? In what kind of circumstances? Were you supposed to do the NC thingie?
    Its not about PICKING, it's about being emotionally drawn or emotionally attracted to those who are not as compatible or do not treat me with respect. I like the outdoors, she likes malls and shopping. Then there are the bad examples concerning faithfulness and commitment that I do not need to say because we all know what they are.

If you have ever been in this situation, please share what you did to get out of it. Seems the best answer is to run away until the emtions fade which can take days, weeks, years.
    We learn about ourselves in relationship with others.

Well, you do get involved with these women that aren't suitable for you, right? Why so? Except the fact that you're, somehow, attracted to them. You'll keep spinning in this circle (so it doesn't really matter that you'll forget X, you'll soon find Y and the story will repeat).
    What did I do? Let's see... Initially, for the first 2 days, I was desperate. I went out for walks a lot, I wanted to stay as much as possible in public places (because as soon as I got home, I used to start crying), I asked a friend to sleep over & so on. Then I had a talk with my mom - I'm mentioning this, because we're having a very interesting relationship, and she's that type of person whose opinion I'll always take into consideration when something bad happens. And then, after a couple of days I suddenly realized that asking myself questions (what he was thinking/ if I could have done something different/ if it was my fault/ if we'll ever get back etc.) is absolutely useless. Useless. Thinking about all these, on and on and on, wasn't helping me with anything. Since then, I'm letting things flow naturally, I have no worries anymore, I live happily, I take good care about myself (I now have plenty of time to do that) and I have all kind of activities (cooking, cleaning, exercising, learning, reading, drawing, cross-stitching & so on).