+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long Distance

Long Distance

Alright kids, this is going to be a long one!

My boyfriend and I has been together for a little over a year. Honestly one of the best relationships I ever been in until he moved. 6 months in person and 6 months living apart in different states. I like to think we have a great relationship but for the past months, I feel its been going down because our communication is drowning. We talk every night for a little, which I'm thankful for but I feel its not enough. I feel that I'm the one who's always texting/calling. I even try to "test him" to see if he'll start the calls/text but nope. Its sad. I don't want to be those crazy controlling girlfriends so I give him as much space as he needs and for heaven's sake, we're long distance. (How much space does a person need anyways?!) But anyways, we see each other once a month.

We talk whenever he's off work driving back home and Skype once in a blue moon yet I still don't feel included in his life. Even though its night time when we talk, he always seems occupied when he's talking with me or in a rush to get off and it gets annoying because no matter what I'm doing, I drop it and focus on him and feels he doesn't do the same! ALSO, this is going to sound like a stupid scenario but (lol..) on his Facebook (YES, FACEBOOK DRAMA...llol) he posts events that happens on his wall that he never chats with me about. He just kinda tells me "I did this and this and this..." but never in detail and that bugs me because I know he has much more to say.

It would be nice for him to sit down, focus on each other and give each other our full attention. It feels like I'm not as important to him anymore nor is he interested to learn more about me. (mainly because we know each other well but I love talking about random stuff!) Yes, I did bring this up to him a couple times and he really doesn't know what to do because he feels like he's doing all that he can. I really don't know what to do.

Sometimes men get bored of just talking. /shrug

It happens in every relationship but it's much more difficult to deal with when not in person. Men and telephones don't get along. We're visual creatures, women are verbal ones (in terms of sense dominance.)

It sounds like the long distance relationship is sapping out the romance and replacing it with mundane. I think you guys might be kinda out of luck until you can see each other regularly again.

Sometimes I find that my guy doesn't find the details of his life interesting. I try to remind him that I'm interested in every little thing. I know that he won't tell me every little thing, but I can at least hope that he'll have less reservations over what to tell me/not tell me.

If you are the one making all the effort and having to make the effort, then this relationships days are numbered.

I think you are trying to hang onto something, that is just about dead.

You are right, it sounds sad.
    Are there any plans that will change the distance between you?

Let him initiate contacts, like you tried to do before.
    Did he tell how he feels about this relationship? because he doesn't sound that ethusiastic.
    Is he really into you, relationship and see it in a long term?
    It's better to check your feelings and plans now. It can be tricky for him to figure out what he really wants, but encourage him to do some good thinking and share with you the result.