+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Never been on a date before!

Never been on a date before!

I'm a very nice, soft-spoken, bubbly, petite, soft brown eyes and dark hair girl. I'm thin and I'm also kinda shy. I find it hard to make eye contact with others especially with the opposite sex. I'm 19 years of age and I've had trillions of guys "like" me but never ever actually ask me out on a date. I don't really know why I've never been on a date before. No man has ever approached me or really expressed interest to my face. I just don't think I'm good enough for anybody. I was neglected my whole life and have very few friends. I am totally 100% against asking out a guy first, unless I know he's interested but shy. Why is it that I'm single and never been on a date? I've got an ivory complexion and I'm very nice. Guys: what makes you wanna ask a girl out on a date? How can us girls show interest non verbally? Girls: what's your secret for getting guys to ask you out?

Thx everyone!!!!!

I feel sympathetic for you bluberryblub. I've never had a girlfriend myself because of my own shyness and no one has ever been interested in me either so I think I know how you feel. As such I cannot answer you question but you have my emotional support. Hang in there

If you want my hypocritical advice, the best thing you can do for yourself is ask someone you like out. If you can do that, I envy you.

Live near Seattle? I'll take you on a date.

Just be friendly and as flirty as you can muster up the courage to be. Make eye contact and smile. At least show interest. It's tough for guys to approach shy girls!

Lol, I saw your other thread and answered it earlier.

Disregard my post.

If you live in SoCal, I would ask you out on a date. Guys are afraid of rejection, they are increasingly more afraid if you rejected someone before.

Then again, you could also be stuck with the same problem that I have. You see, I realized that people with friends have a higher chance of meeting their 'perfect' someone. But I have few to non female friends, and they are all in a relationship so I hit a dead end. So in you case, since you don't have many friends, it's hard to advertise yourself out there.

I can't stand girls that absolutely refuse to make a first move. Absolutely can't stand it. Reminds me of the lyrics of Castles Made of Sand by Jimi Hendrix;

There was a young girl, who's heart was a frown
    Cause she was crippled for life,
    And she couldn't speak a sound
    And she wished and prayed she could stop living,
    So she decided to die
    She drew her wheelchair to the edge of the shore
    And to her legs she smiled you wont hurt me no more
    But then a sight she'd never seen made her jump and say
    Look a golden winged ship is passing my way
    And it really didn't have to stop, it just kept on going...
    And so castles made of sand slips into the sea, eventually

We live in the 21st century - well most of us do - so what is wrong with a woman asking out a man? Imagine, there's that perfect guy for you and you really fancy him but YOU won't ask him out - so you could blow your chance of falling in love with mr perfect. If a guy seems to like you then ask him out - perhaps they express interest in you and to them you seem a bit 'cold' so they don't bother

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I can't stand girls that absolutely refuse to make a first move. Absolutely can't stand it. Reminds me of the lyrics of Castles Made of Sand by Jimi Hendrix;

There was a young girl, who's heart was a frown
    Cause she was crippled for life,
    And she couldn't speak a sound
    And she wished and prayed she could stop living,
    So she decided to die
    She drew her wheelchair to the edge of the shore
    And to her legs she smiled you wont hurt me no more
    But then a sight she'd never seen made her jump and say
    Look a golden winged ship is passing my way
    And it really didn't have to stop, it just kept on going...
    And so castles made of sand slips into the sea, eventually
    Epic use of Hendrix quote^^