+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Potential Rebound?

Potential Rebound?

So I know this guy that just got out of a really long relationship about 2 months ago. He started talking to me pretty soon after his girlfriend and him broke up through facebook and texts, and we seem to have a lot in common. It seems like we might start dating (that's a big "might"), but if we do, how do I know that he's doing it for the right reasons and not just because he's trying to get over his ex?

He still has photos of him and her kissing on his facebook, so I don't know whether to pay much attention to that. She has a new boyfriend, but from what I gather he still talks to and texts his ex. But we also text and talk over facebook quite a bit. We've gone a few places together and had coffee. He's also said that he finds me pretty and interesting. At first when I'm around him, he's kind of nervous (but then agian, I am too) but when he warms up to me he's very enjoyable to be around. He hasn't tried to touch me in a flirtatious type of way, so I don't know if that means that 1) he doesn't like me like that or 2) he's just not ready.

I don't really know what's going through this guy's head or what my role should be: to try to be his friend, give him time, try to make the first move, etc.

P.S. I get really flighty around him sometimes because my last relationship was really painful: it started with a guy getting over his ex and then after eight months he dumped me and started dating her almost immediately afterwards. I don't want to imagine problems that aren't there (this guy seems much more mature than my ex), but at the same time, I don't want to set myself up for a similar situation.....

Don't date him then. He's not over his ex if he is still communicating with her. Stay away from this one. You already knew what happens so don't repeat it again.

Photos still on facebook + still talking = still quasi together. They're in the twilight phase; they could go dark and go their seperate ways or get back together.

He'll just ignore you no matter how bad you try if he still have pics of him and the girl. It's like a warning sign.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?