+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Familiar Situation, Different Girl

Familiar Situation, Different Girl

Background...years ago I dated a girl who had some insecurities because she had been cheated on by a past boyfriend. I really cared about this girl and only wanted to be with her. Unfortunately, she was so insecure that she convinced herself that I was cheating on her (I never did in any way shape or form) so she went out and slept with another guy to "get back at me". After this I pretty much said I didn't want to do another relationship for a while. It sucked the way it ended because of her insecurities and nothing that I did.

Present...I have been dating this girl for about 10 months now, we are officially together. She too has some insecurities but she never came out with what they were, where they came from, etc. Well just recently she finally told me. An old boyfriend of hers cheated on her...with several of her friends! She told me this because one night we were hanging out with some of her friends and she thought, for some reason, that I was into her friend. I don't think her friend is attractive AT ALL. Plus I don't want to be with anyone else right now, just my girlfriend.

My girlfriend gets nervous/insecure that....1. I'm going to meet someone I like more than her or 2. I'm going to cheat on her. I have never cheated on this girlfriend (or any girlfriend) and I have had chances to but I didn't want to. I really care about this girl a lot; I'm not interested in pursuing anyone else.

So here's the problem, I feel like I am in the same situation again andI have no idea what to do. I feel like this girl and the old girl are totally different people so it's not really fair to assume that the same thing will happen again. But myself am somewhat nervous/insecure about it because I feel like all of a sudden I am in the same position again and last time it ended so horribly.

Advice!?

Tell her about what your last girlfriend did, and that if she can't work on her insecurity, then you'll have to leave her because of your own past and insecurity.

I second the above poster. You need to let her know what's going through your mind right now, otherwise this hiding will only result in heartbreak like last time.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Let me tell you something. I know how your gf feels like. Unfortunately , you can't do anything ,cause it's only her who can fight this feeling. I also feel insecure because of my previous relationship. My current bf is just perfect, he never really gave me a reason to even think that he's cheating, he does everything for me ,but still there is this devil ,sitting on my shoulder and telling me stupid stuff. I've read many many stories here on Loveforum, about relationships that finished because of people's insecurities. I don't want to be one of them . So each time I start to feel this way,I'm trying to find me a reasonable answer. I tell my bf or let him know that I'm jealous very very seldom. A little bit is fine - too much is bad. See, if you tell her this, it will not get to her. I wish I could tell her personally , but you would have to bring her to the forum somehow When you read posts here , you realize what stupid mistakes other people do and everytime you're about to do the same in your life, you remind yourself how the story ended here and you just don't If your gf is openminded , Love Forum could help her

PS to the poster above me , exrann : Seriously, you couldn't use smaller letters? Really? Oh no :/
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 30-12-10 at 05:25 PM.
    I wazzzz here