+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I want him back

I want him back

My bf broke up with me about 5 months ago. We werent having problems except some jealousy and insecurity issues on my part but all that had just gotten a lot better. The reason he broke up with me is because his family and relatives wont allow us to be together (yea I know, stupid as f*ck) but thats how it is. If he would choose me his whole family would abandon him and never speak to him again. His parents, siblings, uncles, aunts, everyone. So I understand its not easy for him but still..

We have still been seeing each other after that just as much, still kept in touch every day, he invited me to go out with his friends, we even started having sex again after about 2 months.

The funny thing is when we were together I was sooo afraid of loosing him, and after we broke up I was able to appreciate being with him a lot more, and actually felt more secure the way things were, even though we were broken up.

But I do want him back I cant imagine him being with anyone else (he says hes not interested in a relationship anyway, and he never had one before, hes picky) we are so much alike, i never met someone so much like me. I always thought I would have to settle with someone who's a lot different because I didnt think another person like me existed. And by that I mean when it comes to values, look on life, lifestyle etc. We have the same opinions on all those things and go so well together.

I dont want anyone else, I seriously dont. Ive met so many guys in my life and I never liked ANYONE except him. He's the one, my perfect match. If I cant be with him I dont want to be with anyone else.

What can I do to get him back? I dont always tell him how im feeling, i mostly ignore it and just hang out and everything is great. He did say he enjoys spending time with him and he still wants to talk to me and stuff. And he wants to come visit my home country with me next summer and everything... its not like he wants me to get out of his life, or what do u think?

He's been saying stuff like he saw guys being walked all over by their gfs and I'm like wtf :/ I dont do that to him. I might have had trust issues at first (which u cant blame me for since he did stuff to make me not trust him) but that is all getting a lot better and he AGREES it has, still he wont go all the way and get back together with me.

Why does his familiy have a problem with you being with him? Bit more background about this please

Its because I'm not bengali and muslim. And yea that's basically it! They never met me and know nothing about me, I even offered to see them and talk to them to show I'm serious with our relationship. He tried to defend me and explain i'm a good person and that I would convert to islam to get married with him. But none of it worked so ever since he's been pushing me away from him. His sister left the family for a non-bengali guy and they all turned their backs on her. So its not a threat, they actually do that.

If he was really in love with you he wouldn't have given up. He wanted out hun. It's been 5 months, don't you think it's time to put this behind you?

Its been 5 months but we've still been together all this time, seeing each other several times a week, talking every day, having sex. Everything has been the same as when we were in a relationship except that we didnt call it that.

Why would he still be with me like that if he just wants out? He's even talking about the future 6 months from now about that he wants to travel with me.

Maybe in romantic movies people give up their whole family, relatives, friends for love but that doesn't work in reality. His entire family, relatives and friends of the family (including his best friends) wouldnt be allowed to talk to him if he has chosen me. So its not that easy, please understand that. These are some f*cked up people we're talking about ... so I understand him. But I still wish we could be together without them knowing it.. I would be fine with that.