+ Follow This Topic

Thread: getting over my ex

getting over my ex

Hello im 48 and have been split for one year now. He walked out on me and our two children last christmas, to be with another woman. he is still with her. I met someone 6 months ago and most of the time really happy. I still get very upset overmy ex sometimes and break down, I know time will heal or will it. I need to know if I will ever get over him even tho I hate him!!!

I feel for you. I don't have any children myself and have never been married so I can't say that I know how it feels to be in your shoes. But pain is pain. You were hurt by him and of course, you are still angry. I do believe that is all normal.

I think you have to think about your children now... the best interest of your children is to know that their mother is happy. I do believe that time will heal. Keep your head up high... be strong!! Focus on the man that is making you happy.. he deserves to be with someone who is happy!

All the best!

They say it's a thin line between love and hate, and your story is a testament to that truth. I believe you will eventually get over him, it kind of depends on how long you two were together. If you were together years, it may take longer than a year to get over him. What may make it tougher is that you have to still communicate with him here and there because of the children. People with nothing linking them have a better chance at healing faster, because they can truly undergo NC (no contact). Each time you communicate with this guy, it reopens the scab of your healing heart. You'll eventually get there, it just may take longer than someone under different circumstances (ie no kids together).
    www.breakingupwithsomeoneyoulove.com

thank you for your kind comments, Just needed to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.