+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did he want to make fun of me? :O

Did he want to make fun of me? :O

A few days ago I was out in a club and I met a guy who was really good looking
    My friend's been there too, we were having a little conversation with the guy, later he asked us if we wanted to dance. Well we did so and he was really nice, he was always looking at me and smiling.
    He even grapped my hip and pulled me closer but later he asked whether i go out often because i looked hectic when dancing. I told him (because i was really dumbfounded) he should show me how to dance in the right way and he again didn't shun touch dancing...
    If i was dancing so bad why did he go on, I don' t really understand that, or was he trying to make fun of me ?

Quote Originally Posted by fucila View Post
    A few days ago I was out in a club and I met a guy who was really good looking
    My friend's been there too, we were having a little conversation with the guy, later he asked us if we wanted to dance. Well we did so and he was really nice, he was always looking at me and smiling.
    He even grapped my hip and pulled me closer but later he asked whether i go out often because i looked hectic when dancing. I told him (because i was really dumbfounded) he should show me how to dance in the right way and he again didn't shun touch dancing...
    If i was dancing so bad why did he go on, I don' t really understand that, or was he trying to make fun of me ?

Get a 2nd opinion and ask your friends how they feel about it.

Oldest trick in the book: Guys will put women down so they can get with them.
    You allowed a complete stranger to grab your hip: It says you're easy.

These two traits together make a recipe for disaster.

He was definitely making fun of you but not to make you look bad.
    It was to bring you down to his level and for you to wonder why he called your dancing hectic
    so you could go to an online forum, register and post your curiosity in why he did so.

You don't need to understand everything someone says in order to see someone's intent.
    Actions reveal this. So...what happened after?

well actually he was not a compleeete stranger to me, i had seen him a few times before and my friend knew him a little but not much, and i really liked him that's why i did this, i'm actually not someone who's so easy.
    after that we just danced along, had another drink and a few hours later we hugged and said goodbye. Actually quite normal, but I am still little confused.. :s

He wasn't making fun of you, he just made an obvious observation: you don't know how to dance. He was teaching you how to do it and probably was interested in you.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

SelflessnHumble has it right.

He did it to make him feel better about himself, to bring you down a bit. If he can get your self esteem down enough, maybe you'll go out with him.

That sort of personality... run from it.

Quote Originally Posted by fucila View Post
    well actually he was not a compleeete stranger to me, i had seen him a few times before and my friend knew him a little but not much, and i really liked him that's why i did this, i'm actually not someone who's so easy.
    after that we just danced along, had another drink and a few hours later we hugged and said goodbye. Actually quite normal, but I am still little confused.. :s

Look, when I was a pompously arrogant "playa" I would do exactly what this guy did.
    Most men KNOW that most women are essentially built up or taken down via
    shallow, narcissistic and/or confidence based statements/mannerisms: a projection of their own perceptions concerning their: looks, mannerisms and persona...

Essentially a player mentality will see her mental perception of herself as a 2 dimensional house of cards just begging to be brought down.

(Of course it won't seem that way)

Now, through the usage of these statements designed to bring her self confidence down to a level where
    HE can implant some confusion, insecurity, and a false perception of how her male counterparts view her
    (in order for her to "feel" like she isn't as good as she thinks...) He is able to bring her down, prop her back up at will
    causing confusion in the process. Even his eyes can do this with "looks" and then he would say, "oh, nothing" (knowing full well what he's doing)

A soulless/heartless thief will usually use this to his advantage by:

-indirectly insulting their target so that they will "feel confused"
    -give her back handed compliments (such as, "Wow, you're pretty cute for a brunette") or "I love that shirt My sister wore
    the same one back in 95." Or he could say, "damn girl your skin is so rough" OR "What is that smell?" (also known as asteisms)

Then once he's done he will pick up on the result (if it was effective) and
    then insert a genuine compliment to level the dynamic.
    It's basically psychological warfare and a manipulative man is adept and highly proficient at it.

Head For Thee Hillz!
    It's actually a form of programming.
    Last edited by SelflessnHumble; 04-01-11 at 03:28 AM.

I'm pretty sure he thought you were easy and wanted a one night stand with you.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.