+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it a bad sign?

Is it a bad sign?

Hello, I was wondering if its a bad sign that my girlfriend hasn't changed her relationship status to in a relationship on social networking sites. I'm serious about her and do love her but I'm a little worried the feeling isn't mutual, any opinions?

Also she writes about events that occur when we are together but no mention of me at all.

Hmm.. I'd probably take that as a bad sign too. How often is she on those social networking sites? If she barely uses them, I wouldn't worry. Maybe she just didn't think of it. If she's one of those people who are on there all the time, I'd probably ask her about it. How long have you two been together? Maybe she just doesn't feel like dealing with a bunch of questions from others.. could be a lot of things. But I'd definitely ask her about it..

She's keeping her options open.

Sorry dude but she's still keeping her opitions open just like everyone says. I think you need to put your feelings aside (take the blinders off) and really take a look at her response to you, how she acts towards you, and how her messages read, etc. You might be surprised that it isn't what you think it is. In other words you miight be seeing more than what's actually there.

Well as for her response to me, whenever we're together its great. She's very physically affectionate towards me and emotionally. We're always holding eachother wherever we go etc. Sex is great and passionate, not just on my end. We get along great and don't fight, she has told her family that I'm her bf etc...

So its really just the relationship status I don't get. I thought she was probably keeping her options open though I didn't think she was the kind of person who would.

I am a little worried to ask because if it isn't a big thing and really is just as simple as her not wanting to deal with the questions from all her friends just yet then I would think it would spark a rift between us about trust issues.

Not everyone is an open book to the world. Leave her be a bit and if it's still bothering you later on, talk to her about it and see what she thinks.

Have you asked her about it? If you haven't and it's Facebook, you could say "Hey I just realized we aren't in a relationship on Facebook!" but do it with a chuckle like it's almost humorous that you're not together on there.

What the? Seriously? Stop taking stupid social networks so seriously.

I wouldn't set my real status on a social network. I even tried to set my relationship status to "it's complicated" with myself...