+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Reasons to dump/stay with your partner

Reasons to dump/stay with your partner

I just wanted to start a thread with a list of reasons to stay and/or dump your girlfriend/boyfriend, I wanted to know some of the rules/guide lines(if those are the right words) people follow to decide whether or not to stay with their current boyfriend/girlfriend and for what reason.

Some of mine are:

If she cheated. Dump on the spot. Reason: Because a cheater is always a cheater
    If she tells you I love you. Stay?Dump? Reason: Stay if she meant it. Dump if she didn't.
    If she tells you I like you, but I don't see us going anywhere serious: Dump. Reason: Not wasting my time on someone who doesn't want to get serious.

I'm curious on what you think so post up your guidelines/rules.
    "In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing."
    -- Mignon McLaughlin

Dump:

If she's going out and you're thinking "would she be cheating on me now?" Either says something about you or about her, but it's not healthy anyway

If she "needs" you to feel good about herself

If your relationship becomes a boring routine and it doesn't get better even though you have talked about it multiple times

If she does not allow you to see your friends, especially female friends because she wants to consume ALL your time

If your future plans differ to the extent that you realize you can never make her happy or vice versa. for example she wants to settle and have kids, you want to travel and see the world or make a career

Cheating only has to be a reason if you find out and she hasn't admitted it. If she tells me she has made a mistake for a good reason, it is debatable to keep her

Stay:

I can't think of any reason to stay with a partner. But the best one I can come up with is that you have kids with a partner and you have a responsability to take.

The other one would be that you have not found someone you consider a better partner. There are 100 000 suitable partners on this planet. And in my opinion not 1 of them is much better than the rest. What makes you stay with someone depends on what you value the most in a relationship
    Last edited by MynameisJesus; 28-12-10 at 04:19 AM.

Rule number 1. You are not happy in the relationship.
    Rule number 2. There is no rule number 2.

Awesome like the feedbacks.

I sorta see relationships start out as a coincidence and pure luck.
    "In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing."
    -- Mignon McLaughlin

if shes cheated, dump.

end of it. once a cheater always a cheater. its so true.

AND if there is no trust there is no relationship.

Dump...

1. Cheating
    2. Lack of trust/loss of trust
    3. Fallen out of love/Bored shitless

I don't think there are any reasons to stay in a relationship you aren't happy in. I've stayed with a cheating scumbag and for a child and I was as miserable as fck. Kids are not the recipe for lasting happiness, nor should they be used to hold a 'dead' relationship together.....if it's dead, it's dead. Accept it, move out and on. Kids can still have both parents in their lives and if both people act civiilly and do what is best for the kids, rather than use kids as pawns and to hit back at each other.

But where to draw the line? I love the feedbacks but when is it cheating? too much? too boring? too dead? I want to know what you guys think, I myself have formed an opinion but I am interested in what some other people may think. so is it just texting someone else? kissing? seeing each other (not intimately)? where do you stand?
    -- Mignon McLaughlin

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When you feel unhappy and you are sure that there is nothing that could help your relationship and make you feel happy again.
    I wazzzz here