+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I be critical???

Should I be critical???

This is for all of the ladies. I just finished reading a forum from another website that was ripping this poor guy to shreds! Do you know what the topic was? It was should I leave my girlfriend because she won't loose weight. I would like to share my current situation and opinion.

Ladies would you agree that relationships are the combination of physical, mental, and spiritual connection? If you have those three things, it is pretty certain that you have found your soul mate. Now I figure that for most relationships, this is what happens at the beginning, but what about longevity wise? What happens after it has been 1 year, the lady of the relationship starts to feel comfortable? She starts to put on some weight and to the male attraction starts to leave the picture? What then?

I'm currently in the same situation with my lovely girlfriend. Let me emphasize this, I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND! I love her to death. And I'm starting to feel distressed because physically I'm starting to loose physical, sexual attraction with her. This is something that I can't hide. During the day we joke around, play around, laugh, snuggle, cuddle, kiss but when it is time for real intimacy... problem comes in. My friend down stairs doesn't get excited enough. So what happens then, she gets frustrated. Now I have already told her how much I value fitness. I could understand if I was a slob and let myself go, but I workout regularly and hardcore. She looks at me often like she wants to devour me. I use to feel the same way about her but she's put so much weight on I can't help it. So am I shallow because the man downstairs will no longer cooperate?

Women often say you should love your woman no matter what. Well I do love her but let me ask you this? Let's say you were dating this guy for a year abstaining from sex. Everything is absolutely great! He makes a sufficient amount of money, he's handsome, generous, caring, loving and a romantic. The night has finally come for some real physical romance! Blood is pumping and you're so excited you can't stand it. He pulls his pants down and it's no bigger than a inch and it's fully erect!!! What now? You love him don't you? How do you feel about him now? What does the future hold for you two, be honest? Or what about if you're in a club enjoying yourself. Out from nowhere comes a guy that is the height of 5ft, and you're 5'7? Would you ignore him because he's to short? Would you even give him a chance? So you get my point, if you tell us guys that we are just shallow, then what about those examples I illustrated. PHYSICAL ATTRACTION IS ABOUT HUMAN NATURE. So I just wonder why women beat us guys up so much about this. Please can somebody educate me

I think males place far more emphasis on looks than females do.

Granted, looks are the initial attraction and for both sexes. Someone has to physically appeal to our eye and in order for us to want to get to know them further. But looks is not everything and looks alone do not build solid, lasting relationships
    If a guy appealed to my eye, he had the personality, etc, etc and I liked him and proceeded to have a relationship with him, then it wouldn't matter to me if he put on weight - he'd still be the same guy I fell in love with....and I didn't just fall for him for his looks, but for many other qualities, traits that he may possess.

You sound far too focused on 'looks', rather than who she is as a person. You say you love her....I don't think you do. If you really loved her, the fact she gained some weight wouldn't matter and because you could overlook that and see her for the person she is. Just my opinion anyway.

Look, if she's not turning you on and refuses to do anything about it then you have two choices: stop complaiining or leave her. I'd go for option 2

Lmao. I relate!
    I am a fitness FREAKKKKK. My entire life revolves around being outdoors, salads (lol) and the gym. My ex was overweight but he wanted to lose weight but his inhibition and attitude kept that from happening. He would go to the gym and then give up after a month. I would try to help him, but he took this as me 'nagging' him. Even when I'd offer him fruit out of my plate just because we share food- he would take it as an insult or something.

So, honestly, if the chick can't value something you absolutely value to the utmost degree- then that alone shows a large value distinction between you both. You guys don't live similar lifestyles. And that's a huge problem.

I think that it could be a complex issue. I have to admit, if my boyfriend started gaining large amounts of weight, it would be harder to feel sexually attracted to him. If I were sexual with him before, I would still be sexual with him. But a keg isn't going to get my hormones flying haha. Perhaps it could be a lifestyle issue; you really take care of yourself and care about health, and her...not so much (maybe). But also, women put on weight for various reasons (emotional eating, PMS, etc.). If you want to have your girlfriend lose weight, first LOVE and APPRECIATE her how she is NOW. I know you mentioned the sex is kind of difficult but try to try new things to spice up your sex life and try to see her as sexy the way she is now. (If you have it set in your mind that you don't find her attractive since the weight gain, your amigo downstairs obviously won't cooperate. But sometimes it's mind over matter). When she sees that you appreciate her the way she is, she might be more motivated to lose the weight, but SHE has to be the one to want to do it. If she emotionally eats and feels rejected, this might fuel the weight gain. Why has she gained weight, do you know?

Then suggest things to her, "Hey honey, wanna go stroll through the park with me? Want to do Zumba with me? I've heard it's a lot of fun." If she wants to, you guys could make working out something that you share as a couple.

If my boyfriend were overweight, I would be more concerned about his health (but I too, would know my physical attraction for him wouldn't be as high). If I DID talk to him about his weight (which would be very risky to do IMO because you don't want to offend the person) I would emphasize that I want him to be happy and healthy. "I can tell that you get tired a lot; you don't have a lot of energy. And you don't seem as happy as you used to. I want you to feel as good and comfortable in your body as possible, but I would love you if you were stick-skinny or 300 pounds (lol)"

mental, spiritual and physical connection?

what fairy tale are you in? if you could get two out of the three, you're lucky. usually spiritual doesn't figure, either, but is commonly the result of multiple orgasms.

Quote Originally Posted by joneagle_28 View Post
    Ladies would you agree that relationships are the combination of physical, mental, and spiritual connection?
    I don't know. But this is obviously what you believe, so if one of those criteria aren't being met, then you're just not compatible. Would you push your girlfriend into changing her mental or spiritual beliefs to match yours? I would hope not. You'd get catch shit from women (and men) if you attempted to change these, as well.

You can encourage her (very smoothly) to join you in some fun physical activities and by setting good examples yourself, but you will be a Grade A Dickhead if you say anything about this to her.

Honestly though, if her physical appearance actually kills your boners, then you just aren't right for each other. You should find someone who you'll still want to bang when she's old and saggy and smells like mothballs, not only because you're old and saggy and smelling like mothballs too, but because you still love her so much that you still feel the need to **** her brains out.

Personally, I think you're exceedingly shallow.

I'm married to my soul-mate. I don't care if she weighs 120 lbs, or 320 lbs... it wasn't her body I fell in love with.

If it's that important to you, then by all means, move on. If it's not, or at least not more important than the woman, then live with it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How much weight did she gain? And how big is she now?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Personally, I think you're exceedingly shallow.
    Can we all make sweeeping judgements? OK, chances are since you're american you're probably fat or obese.

For some of us fat - yuk.

For the people that say I'm shallow... that is your opinion. I still do love her and I always will, but I just don't understand how people can judge when it's not only a psychological problem but now it's a physiological problem and it's not like I'm not trying. I don't chide her, disrespect her, show any less emotion or intimacy with her. She still is very much like my best friend that I can talk to for hours! We understand each other in a deeper level than I could have ever imagined. We have never had an argument in the year we have known each other. Her parents absolutely love me to death and I feel the same way about them. So trust me when I say I love her, I do love her! Not only am I concerned about the weight gain but also the health. When we were first dating we were very active. We use to play sports, hike, run, go dancing all night long. Now she can't keep up with me on any fitness level. she just lost the motivation to workout she says. She doesn't have the time and she loves to eat. So let me try to ask a better question. Has anyone here ever been in a situation with their love one where sexual performance became a problem for any reason at all? How did you feel? How did your mate feel? Forget about the reason there was a performance issue, I just want to know how you felt when there was? If you have you know how distressing this is! Both people feel a great deal of frustration and stress. One person could even become depressed! The worst part about this is it is out of your control. So yes I admit that I'm being defensive here, I don't like to be called shallow because honestly I'm not a shallow person at all! She would tell you the same thing. Two of my ex's prior to her were unattractive. So much so that even my mother and all my friends told me. I didn't care. The reason why we split is because of other issues. But yeah the bottom line is, I wanted to know how others could be so judge mental even in my situation. I'M NOT GOING TO LEAVE HER THOUGH, I JUST WANT TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT THIS SITUATION AND I DON'T KNOW HOW IF MY BODY WON'T LET ME.

If you are not going to leave her then why ask us questions on this forum? I was married for 13 years and she get fatter and fatter. I tried everything to help her - special meals, special shopping, I'll have the kids if you want to go to the gym - result - NOTHING. So I got to the stage when I just didn't care. And all this bullshit about hormones, thyroid, DNA for most is just an excuse - eat less and exerciese more. If she won't then leave her because if she's big now give her a few years and she'll be a whale.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Can we all make sweeeping judgements? OK, chances are since you're american you're probably fat or obese.

For some of us fat - yuk.
    That was frigging cheeky I think. They are no fatter than a lot of Brits!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    That was frigging cheeky I think. They are no fatter than a lot of Brits!!!
    According to a quick look on the net 31 percent of americans are obese compared to 17 percent obese for UK males and 21 percent for UK women. Quite a difference then. [url=http://www.annecollins.com/obesity/uk-obesity-statistics.htm]Obesity Statistics UK[/url]
    [url=http://www.annecollins.com/weight_health/obesity-rate.htm]Obesity Rate in USA[/url]

Aye, there are a lot of fatties around admittedly - which is why you all best get used to fatties...they need love too lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast