+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ladies your thoughts on recent breakup

ladies your thoughts on recent breakup

guys, your thoughts appreciated,

The back ground is, me and ex (both 37) split recently after about 15 months (she split from me) It came pretty sudden as all was rosy and this is her saying that. A bit of background info on her (this is where the ladies may relate) she is a single mother working full time bringing up child, running a home, dashing here and there for her child looking after horses etc, basically not much time for a rest.

Anyway, she told me that she suddenly doesnt feel the same about the relationship as she should and this is because in her words "she is having a wobbly" moment in her life and is struggling to juggle job, child, home as well as relationship, things have got ontop of her and because she is struggling her mind is not in the relationship as it has been in the past and unfortunately something has to give, which obviously is not going to be the job or child, so it is me and the way she is feeling about things she needs a clean break from us so she can sort other things out. She has openly said that it would be unfair to stay together while she is struggling with other things as cant give the time our relationship deserves, which is true.

She has said she does not know what the future will hold, once she has sorted other things she may feel she is for a relationship again with me or may just remain as friends, , she but in the meantime we have to have a clean break and obviously need to get on with my life.

However, goes without saying that i care for her and when she says she is struggling to juggle things, obviously i am worried about her as i care.

I am going to give her the clean break she has asked for, however at the same time, i would like to drop her a line when the dust has settled just to say that i care, would like to remain friends and would like to still talk to her and I am there whenever she needs me.

Would you guys/ ladies think it would be wrong of me to drop her a line in due course? i dont think it would be a bad thing to do, but also respecting her wishes of a clean break.

Actually I had time in my life when everything was in mass and I also broke up with my bf. I don't have a child but it was still difficult for me to manage my life, so I can totally understand your ex.
    If you really want to be with that woman just simply stand by her, don't highlight the thing - let's be friend or let's get together again. Give her little time for herself like week or two. and then just call to say that you are there for her, ask how is she doing and this general things.
    If I were her I would appreciate that.

I disagree with Limon.. i think you should totally give her the clean break she asked for 100%.. give her the time/space she needs and let her come back to you when she is ready. i have asked for a clean break from people before and it annoyed me when they didnt respect that and contacted me. thats just my opinion, though. you know her best and should make a descion based on what she make want and need.

I think you could always make it clear to her you are, that she doesnt have to learn to cope alone and that you would like to be the one thats there for her - and if she cant handle that in relationship format then your there as a friend, If it was me id tell her that, id also say ill give you the clean break and step back but im here when you need me and leave the door open for her to get in touch.

She asked for a break and because she aint feeling it for you anymore and she ended it in the kindest way possible and so there are no hard feelings.

People don't ask for breaks and from people they love/a good relationship.

No harm in you contacting her in due course, but personally and if I asked a for a clean break...it would mean it was over for good, that I didn't want you to contact me.