+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broke No Contact

Broke No Contact

My ex messaged me a few weeks after we broke up (she broke up with me after acting distant, claimed the spark had gone, see my other post in broken hearts forum) - just something we'd normally both find funny (in fact that only me and her would find funny, she stated was the reason for the message as no one else would get it, as we worked together in the summer and it was to do with some of the other staff), she didn't ask how I was just "hoped i was ok". I replied saying it was funny yada yada but I didn't ask how she was or anything like that as to end the conversation. I didn't want to appear desperate or clingy. I replied because I didn't want to appear rude and thoughtless towards the time we spent together. Did I do the right thing?

Now it's bugging me.. I don't know whether she misses me or was just checking in to see how I was doing after the break up. A few days after this without her speaking to me, I have a missive itch to send her a message back or something, but don't know if this is the correct corse of action. I'd like to get back with her in the future, but I don't want to be strung along til she finds someone else. It's been 4 days since then and so far i've been NC with her.

Should I continue with no contact after breaking it by replying to her message?
    Last edited by Holdme; 18-01-11 at 02:35 AM.
    "Im in love with the planet Im standing on, I cant stop thinking of All the people Ive ever loved, All the people I have lost, All the people Ill never know, All the feelings Ive never shown.
    The worlds too big, and lifes too short...
    To be alone...

- The The, Lonely Planet

Dude, the relationship is over.
    IF you're not over her (and it sounds like you aren't) get some closure and move on.
    Then when you're able to talk to her, be around her without wanting to be with her: sure, respond.
    Not before. You will always read much too deeply into her replies when they more than likely mean nothing.

I think you've done well!
    This is still a fresh break up for you. Give yourself more time in NC with her to get your mind cleared and heart healed. I would say 1/2 of a time you've been together. After that, think, what you really want from her and if it's realistic/good for you.

Does it really matter why she did it?

I'm assuming that after you replied, you heard nothing back?

I feel that if she was/is looking for a way back to you, she would have taken the opportunity to message you further.

So, no I wouldn't bother texting back.

I'm not guna lie the breakup didn't hurt me that much because I saw it coming. The thing that's frustrating me is i said be friends with her after the breakup because it didn't end badly and she's genuinely someone I could easily have as a friend as we get on so well.

I'm just worried she'll end up thinking in an ass hole if I dont speak to her because I'm taking time to heal and sort my life out ( which is going great) . But I know messaging her will just be a step back... I guess I just have to get on with it and hope she's understanding when I do eventually speak to her again.
    "Im in love with the planet Im standing on, I cant stop thinking of All the people Ive ever loved, All the people I have lost, All the people Ill never know, All the feelings Ive never shown.
    The worlds too big, and lifes too short...
    To be alone...

- The The, Lonely Planet

I had a similar situation to you. I got dumped for the same bullshit reason, but that's whatever..

Anyway, I tried being friends with her for a bit, but after a while I couldn't handle it anymore and just completely disowned her from my life and haven't spoken to her since. After a while everything gets back to normal and you will think about her less. Don't text her back. She's the reason all of this is happening to you. Don't let that element back into your life. She had her chance and blew it.

If she sorts out her feelings one day and it includes wanting to be in your life than she will have to let YOU know. She knows damn well that shes the breaker. Her text sounded like she was treating you as a friend. Keep an open mind but dont have expectations. I have alot of experience with the boyfriend contacting me everytime we break up. He has always done the breaking up. Mine is a long story but I never make contact ( always been my style-even before I knew about the NC rule in relationship breakups) He always realizes what he did was so rash and preventable. You just never know what goes on in someones head, even if you can call them on it one day they are always subject to change. Ugh I feel ya.