+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice

Need advice

Hi i've recently had my 5 year anniversary with my girlfriend, thinking things between us were going fine. A week later after this she tells me that she feels the spark has gone in our relationship and she may not love me anymore. She said it may be a phase and suggested a break or time to think about her feelings for me. She did say that she felt the relationship was now getting serious and it's at the stage where we may spend our lives together.
    I still love her and it's killing me waiting for her to decide on how she feels. I was just wondering if this could be a phase or if she really has fallen out of love with me? and if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do?

She's not sure you are the right guy for her and she doesn't want to commit totally to the 'wrong' guy.

Nobody can tell you if she has fallen out of love, or it's just a phase - only she is able to answer that.

I'd give her the space she's asked for and because unless you do, she won't get a chance to figure out her feelings.or miss you.

What after five years just getting serious that there is a commited relationship
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

my boyfriend just did this to me too, except we were only together one year, but still. I think when the person you love tells you they might not love you anymore is the worst feeling in the world. I went through a phase like this with my boyfriend, I started questioning my relationship with him and wondering if I loved him, it was a weird anxiety thing I went through for about a week, but I snapped out of it and realized that I loved him and was thinking nonsense for no reason. It didn't matter anyway cause he broke up with me last week but anyways, I know exactly how you feel, the waiting is the worst part. you can't focus on anything else, I couldn't eat, sleep, etc. but the best thing to do is give her time. it sucks it's very hard, I feel you 100% percent, try to hang in there

Probably she isn't sure herself, that's why she needs a break to figure out whether it's just a phase. I don't like the idea of such half-break up, but now it's the time for it. She is trying to be honest, and it's better for you, even if it hurts. It might be tough for you now, but hold on!

She has now turned round to me and said that to save this relationship she needs to have 'freedom' meaning there are no strings attached to her. She said that a two week break would allow her to overcome this feeling. I love her and feel that if she needs to do this then it will be worth it in the long run. The thing I have concerns about is her seeing other guys, at the same time I understand that we have been in a relationship since she was 15, so she has missed her years of 'freedom'. I just hope she realises she misses me and that our relationship is a good thing in both of our lives. I was just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and whether this 'break' ever works for a relationship?

It feels a lot better to vent my feelings and let out some of these anxieties and concerns i feel.

And again thankyou for the advice everyone, i don't feel alone anymore