+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does it mean?

What does it mean?

My ex boyfriend and I dated for about two and a half months before taking a "break" (we never formally broke it off), but I still understood to be a break up. We have not seen each other since November but he came by the other day to say hi. We talked for a bit and then he left. But as he was saying goodbye he gave me a hug and an unexpected peck on the lips. What was he thinking? Does he want me back or was he just "testing the waters" again? How would I approach asking him about it?

Why do you want to ask? Do you know, what you want?
    I would have told that he is not supposed to kiss his ex girlfriend. I think he messed you around with this "break" and didn't bother to talk about it now. Either it was nothing, ot he is trying to keep you around just in case. You can ask him some direct questions about his intentions, that would be fun

Just ask him straight out and stop messing around - you both need to work out what you want. Who instigated the break? If either of you needs to take a break then the relationship is dead in the water. I see my GF as often as possible and the idea of a 'break' is completely loony - because I like being with her.

That is a good question. Who initiated this "break" anyways? What brought that on? But, depending on what type of guy he is, it could mean, like RocknRoll said, he could just be keeping you around just in case, or perhaps maybe, just maybe, he wants to slowly reconnect with you, and he could be waiting for some kind of response from you. If you respond though, don't start questioning his intentions or what not, just give him a friendly message. Keep it short, but sweet. Let him respond back, then you can ask him "So what was that kiss all about?"

Looks like the guy regrets the break time part. I think he is trying to see if he misses you or not with that peck. I would expect this guy to come around again.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Well, I approached him about it. I told him I thought things were starting to change (he was expressing less interest, wanting to do things less, and he stopped calling me pet names etc.) and asked him how he felt about it, and whether this was true or not. He said that maybe we'd be better as friends and that it might be a good idea to take a "break". It was his idea, but I was the first to approach him. He told me that he was going to tell me eventually, but he was just afraid of hurting my feelings. But the way he acted after we'd had the talk, made me think that he maybe did it because he thought it was what I wanted. We were sitting on the couch and he gave me a kiss on the neck. I was really confused and asked him if he had just said we should go on break because I had been the one to bring up that I thought things were changing. He said no.

Since then, we've never lost complete contact, and have texted each other every now and again. If he were wanting to get back together, wouldn't he be initiating more contact than that though?

Give him a little time. It's a tough thing sometimes, getting back together. So let it play out for now and don't rush anything.

Gawd, this guy seems worried about something. He continues to keep contact and get "close to you".
    Looks like he is looking for Friends with Benefits, but he probably don't know how to tell you?????
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

It is over