+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i wait a day or two?

Should i wait a day or two?

So this is my situation if u wanna get some background info:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/49490-should-i-text-her.html[/url]

My most recent post on that thread is my question for this thread. If u don't wanna read it ill give u some quick background info. I met a girl on Sunday at a party. She texted me the next day and we texted back and forth for about 6 hours. The next day (yesterday) she came over and helped me with a paper (im a freshman in college). She ended up staying the night, nothing happened, this morning, I walked her back home and gave her a goodbye kiss and I told her I want to take her out sometime but I wasn't sure when I would b able to. She said she wasn't sure either and she would let me know. So should I text her and keep talkng with her? Should I wait a few days? Or should I text her when I know when I can take her out? I might not b able to take her out for almost a week btw. What should I do?

I'd wait a few days til you know a set time you can take her out, then text her and see if she can go. in the beginning you gotta play games a little, if you come on too strong she might feel you're smothering her and that's a turn off. if you keep her waiting a little, she'll be wondering if you're gonna ask her out again and it'll keep things interesting! also waiting a few days will give you time to figure out exactly when you can take her and it'll be more set in stone, rather than just texting her about hanging out in the future, you'll have a definite day/place/ etc

I'd recommend NOT playing games.

If you like her, I see nothing in maintaining a communication. This lets her know that you are genuinely interested.

That doesn't mean bombard her with texts - just an occasional text.

If she would be bothered by an occasional text, then she just isn't into you.

IMO an interested female, would want to hear from you.

Well its now 10 30 so I think ill just text her tomorrow. I just feel guilty that she slept over my house and I didnt talk to her the next day

Well if you text her today, she will forgive you for not texting yesterday....I think?

I'd have preferred to hear from you the day after....that is just me of course.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Well if you text her today, she will forgive you for not texting yesterday....I think?

I'd have preferred to hear from you the day after....that is just me of course.
    Ya im gonna text her today. Should I say maybe I was having phone trouble (which I actually am, but it wouldn't have prevented me from texting her) or that my phone was dead and I lost my charger and/or that I was really busy? Or should I just text her and start up conversation again. Should I only use excuses if I sense that she is upset? I know its not right for me to be lying to her, but the only reason I really didn't text her is because I was advised to wait and didn't wanna sound desperate. If I didn't get any any advice not to text her, I would definitely have already

When you left her that day, did you tell her you would text her? When I've read your initial posting again, she told you that she'd let you know and when she had free time. I wonder if that meant she'd text you?

Regardless, I see nothing wrong in dropping her a text, 'Hi there, was just thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. Sorry for not texting sooner but I've been having problems with my phone connection lately'....something along those lines. Let's her know that you are thinking about her and that you are still interested in a next date with her. You may also be able to gauge further and her level of interest and depending upon how she reacts.

Personally I think those rules like waiting 3 days and 3 seconds to call is a load of rubbish. It's just game playing and game playing can end up backfiring in your face.
    It doesn't make sense and to play games with people you like - if you like them, let them know and if they like you in the same way...no one is ever left 'second guessing'.

Good luck anyway, let us know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    When you left her that day, did you tell her you would text her? When I've read your initial posting again, she told you that she'd let you know and when she had free time. I wonder if that meant she'd text you?

Regardless, I see nothing wrong in dropping her a text, 'Hi there, was just thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. Sorry for not texting sooner but I've been having problems with my phone connection lately'....something along those lines. Let's her know that you are thinking about her and that you are still interested in a next date with her. You may also be able to gauge further and her level of interest and depending upon how she reacts.

Personally I think those rules like waiting 3 days and 3 seconds to call is a load of rubbish. It's just game playing and game playing can end up backfiring in your face.
    It doesn't make sense and to play games with people you like - if you like them, let them know and if they like you in the same way...no one is ever left 'second guessing'.

Good luck anyway, let us know how it goes

ya i dont get the 3 day rule either. im an 18 year old college kid that has only had 1 gf, maybe thats y i dont understand it. i still kinda see it to be silly if i have to wait 3 days to send her a text saying "hey" or "whats up"