+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This is the break up email

This is the break up email

I just want to come right out and say that we need to break up. I realize that there is no painless way to do that and that the best way ideally would be in person, not email but we just don't have that luxury.
    I haven't been intentionally keeping distance from you, but I haven't been seeking you out either. After having that conversation with you about what **** was saying, I started thinking maybe he was right. I don't know if this is coming out of the blue or if you saw this coming. I understand that this is difficult for you but I'm not "here" in this relationship like you are. I'm sorry that things haven't worked out and I'm sure you may have some questions. I just don't see this relationship progressing any further than it has and I promised I wasn't going to take advantage of you or lie to you. If I kept it going even though I wasn't feeling anything, I would be breaking that promise.
    You were absolutely right, you did seek out this relationship, I didn't. You actually knew that I was seeing someone the first time that we hung out and you honestly didn't care. I wasn't ready then and I'm not going to be ready for awhile I think. Getting involved with church, spending time with my daughter, and soon going back to school. It's going to be a couple of years before I'm ready. I'm sorry, honestly. I hope you can heal, move on and be happy. I pray you find someone who doesn't have all these other commitments and can spend the time with you that you deserve.

---This was sent to me yesterday. Pretty clean, I would say. She broke up like she was firing an employee. I tried to call her, but to no avail. I won't pursue her any more than that. This is just a tip from a concerned guy. I did everything I could within reason. I showed her I cared, gave her attention, gave her space when she needed, I was williing to be patient. The fact is, when your'e just not interested in someone, your'e just not going to pursue that person. Plain and simple. There is no such thing as soulmates or kindred spirits, there is only the willingness to work with someone you trust. I thought this girl would be someone I could work with. I thought wrong, but I learned something. Nothing is set in stone. A relationship is build on mutual understanding and a willingness to share your life with someone. So before you freak out that the one you love is going to break up with you or is not that interested in you, trust your gut instinct. I saw this coming a mile away and that's probably why I'm not surprised or that hurt for that matter. Heck, the next day I was already looking at someone else I might possibly date. I'm not a player or a jerk by any means. I am a complete romantic by every sense of the word. But, in the end, I am a rational man.

(P.S. I'm grateful to her for everything. She opened my eyes and is a wonderful person. I don't regret my efforts to love her in the least. I wish her all the best)
    Last edited by Wizard; 24-01-11 at 09:39 PM. Reason: spelling corrections

she broke up with you via email? What a cold hearted, immature cow